Blind Loyalty or Full Trust

Sorry for the long wait in between. I hope you enjoy this update. Many more to come.

3rd Person POV Excerpts from book 1 chapter Blossoming Friendships and Judy Dolls

"You're wrong. You can't really be the person everyone says you are by the nickname Evil Spawn." Gen tells Alex as they catch up on charting.

"I'm not evil unless that turns you on." Alex winks at her, and she flips him off.

"Seriously?"

"What? We're both single. What's wrong with us getting together?" Alex states.

"Because I don't like you that way and..."

"What way do you like me? Preferably on top." Gen throws the chart at Alex and repeatedly hits him over the head.

"You're gross." This just makes Alex laugh more.

"Come on; I overheard you talking to Meredith about how you want someone to release some tension with. Let me be that person." Alex offers. Gen glares at him.

"One, you gave George's girlfriend syphilis, and two never going to happen." Gen pushes Alex off the gurney, and he falls to the floor with a thud which amuses him.

"Never say never." He brushes the dust off his scrubs and gets up. Gen glares at him more. "Come on, I check out your ass every day, and I know you do the same to me." Gen stares at him coldly.

"And that's where you're wrong, Alex. You don't even cross my mind. Now correct your charts." Gen slams the charts into his arms.

Gen joins other interns as they watch Joe's surgery from the gallery. Alex spots her and takes the seat next to her. "I knew you couldn't stay away." Alex teases Gen as he takes some of her food. "Snacks to watch Joe die?"

"I'm finishing up new charts while learning about a groundbreaking surgery." Gen answers, never taking her eye off the surgery below. She tries to keep her food away from Alex, but he sneaks more past her.

"He's gonna be dead-dead." Alex comments.

"You're so insensitive."

"And you're smoking hot." Alex takes more chips from Gen's bag and finds it enjoyable to tease her.

Gen searches for Alex and finds him sharing about being abused as a child by his own father, just like the patient. Gen holds everything in as Alex tells the kid he would give everything to make up with his dad instead of walking away. When the patient is away, without a second thought, Gen runs up to Alex and hugs him. "What are you doing?" Alex demands.

"Shut up and hug me back." Gen orders and squeezes Alex tighter.

"Why are you hugging me?"