K-10 and Babies

Here is a long chapter and I hope you all enjoy my take on this episode.

Gen's POV

"Mark got everyone coffees and sandwiches." I inform Bailey and Wilson as I drive us to our patient.

"We could still turn around." Bailey says.

"Bailey, you know we can't." I remind her.

"We've had a long day."

"We've had longer, and I have to see this patient, and this is the time we are able to do so." I remind her. "We are going to do this, and we're going to do it well."

"Wilson?" Bailey looks to Join the backseat. "Are you sure you're good?"

"Ew!" Jo comments as she continues to look at her phone. "Um, you know, I don't want to talk about it." I can feel Bailey looking at me.

"I mean, with everything that's happening with Karev." She clarifies herself.

"There's nothing I can do about it. Whatever happens at the trial tomorrow happens. So I just...I want to do this tonight." Jo says, and I give Bailey a brief look. "God, this is so gross!"

"Okay...okay..." Bailey is taking deep breaths, slightly freaking out.

"This is a big case. We need to keep our focus on the patient." I remind everyone.

"Look." Jo leans over to the passenger side and shows Bailey her phone.

"Oh, now...that's..."

"A crime against God." Jo comments about the case. "Oh! This one has feet."

"Wilson!" I scold her.

"What? It's not a baby." She argues. "It's a mass of skin and cells, like a tumor."

"Stop talking about symptoms and tell me about the patient." I instruct her.

"Kristen Rochester, 16, 31 weeks pregnant, preliminary ultrasound shows likely TRAPS Syndrome." She lists off.

"Yeah, hard to say for sure since their ultrasound machine is junk." Bailey complains.

"They are doing the best they can." I remind her. "Just like everyone's trying to do."

"It's junk. What they're doing is junk." Bailey keeps insulting.

"Well, they are doing the best they can with what they have, and when they need help, they get us. Our portable ultrasound is amazing. Which Wilson you did bring?" I look to Jo.

"Mm-hmm. Along with the fetal ablation machine."

"This would be easier to handle in our not-junky hospital." Bailey continues to complain.

"Well, it's not happening. We can't transport this patient, and we all know it."

"Doesn't mean I have to like it."

"Here's the deal. We are going to see a high-risk and difficult patient, and we will keep the positivity about this. Do we all understand?" Jo nods her head. "Bailey!"

"Fine." She mumbles, not liking any of this.

"And should I remind you that you're the one who requested to be on this case? I was going to ask Dr. Grey."

"I'm the Chief, and I should..."

"Then act like the Chief."

__________________________________
We ride up in the elevator with silence between the three of us. Bailey keeps checking her watch. "Needing to be somewhere more important, Bailey?" I ask her.