Are We Giving Up?

I have thought about it for a long time and I think I have come up with my take on Alex's journey in the show that will be different from how Grey's ended it.

Mark's POV

"Hey, you're back!" Meredith greets me.

"And so are you."

"Richard asked me to be back

"Richard asked me to be back." Meredith tells me.

"He was right to do so."

"You think so?"

"You made your statement, but your patients need you. Kepner was good, but your patients wanted to be treated by you and not someone else." I explain.

"When is Gen coming back?"

"Next week. She is spending the time with the kids that she normally doesn't get, and then she will be back treating her patients."

"I need your wife now." Arizona exclaims. "I am drowning and... it's a lot of work." She complains.

"She will be back next week." I repeat.

"We're losing ground." Jackson exclaims. He has Meredith, Arizona, Maggie, and I gathered together. "Everybody loves Minnick."

"I wouldn't say that. I mean, who said that?" Arizona states.

"I hate her." I announce. "Haven't liked her at all."

"And now Meredith." Jackson scolds Meredith.

"I stood up for him and got suspended." Meredith reminds.

"And now you're back. You rolled over."

"Well, when the man asks her back, then she should come back. He wants her to be here." I defend Meredith's decision to come back.

"Well, that's not what it looks like, all right? You weakened our position here."

"Do we even have a position?" I ask. "I mean, it seems like we're not even in the game. If Bailey can just replace anyone who disagrees, then it feels like we're fighting a losing cause."

"And Richard's asking us to stop." Meredith adds.

"Sloan and Grey have a point." Arizona chimes in.

"The problem isn't Minnick." Maggie states. "The problem is that her program is good, and now everyone knows it, including Richard."

"Not sure that's what he thinks." I argue.

"Isn't it?"

"No, he knows the original opposition we had to Minnick is not working, and instead of having our players suspended, he is regrouping by still having us treat patients. It's not agreeing that her program is good."

"But it is good." Maggie argues with me. "It's very good."

"It's good in certain situations, but blindly letting an inexperienced surgeon perform a task all the way till they reach their limit has compilations. People are overconfident when they should be cautious. And she undermines the lead surgeon on what the limit is so she can keep pushing an intern who still needs to learn a perfect stitch before removing a vital organ." I argue. "Not everything should be done until you find the part you don't know. Sometimes you need to know more before you try. Especially when another human's life is on the line."