No More Dinner Parties

I hope to update this book more often so hang with me.

Gen's POV

"Here we go." I wheel Harriet in.

"Hi, sweetie. Gimme, gimme, gimme." April holds her hands out. I place her daughter in her arms.

"Harriet is gaining weight right on schedule

"Harriet is gaining weight right on schedule. She's healthy and so lovely." I share with her and Jackson.

"We love a healthy baby." Jackson says as he gazes at Harriet.

"She's healthy enough to go home today." I share with them.

"Yeah?" Jackson asks, shocked. I nod my head.

"Are you sure she's ready? What about her respirations? I thought I..."

"I can assure you both that Harriet Kepner-Avery is one of the healthiest babies I have had the pleasure to take care of, and she can go home. Take her home April. It will be good for her." I tell her.

"Uh, how was Karev's thing?" Jackson asks me.

"Not good." I answer.

"How bad?" April asks.

"He's being charged with felony assault."

"What?" They both gasp.

"Uh... let's not ruin this moment. April, I know it..."

"I'm not going home." April says.

"What? Why would she not be going home?" Jackson asks.

"My wound opened up, and they want to do wound therapy." April tells him.

"No."

"Sadly, yes. But Mark and I will help Jackson out and bring Harriet to be with you every day. You won't miss a second of her. You'll just get some well-needed rest." I remind her.

"It's not the same. I should be with her." April whines.

"I know."

"I know you know and..." I grab her hand.

"You've made it through one of the most difficult births, April. Give yourself some time to heal from it." I instruct her.

"I know." She looks down at Harriet.

"It's nice seeing you both." I make my exit and head off to my next patient.

__________________________________
Lexie's POV

__________________________________Lexie's POV