Doppelgänger's and the Harper Avery Award

I hope you all enjoy this fun chapter. I loved writing it.

Alex's POV

Gen and my doppelganger being married to each other are tripping me out, especially with the fact that Izzie's double is carrying their baby. "How sweet that your friend is a surrogate for you." Robbins comments to Alan and Liza while Ginny is making calls in the hallway, updating the family about their situation.

"Oh, we're not friends." Alan speaks up.

"You're not?" I question.

"The three of us got drunk at an intern party and ended up having a threesome."

"WHAT?!!!" Robbins, Jo, and I shout in shock. Alan nods his head, and Ginny comes back into the room.

"Liza, I notified your mom that you are going into surgery, and I booked her flight."

"You didn't have to do that, Ginny."

"It's the least I could do for..."

"For your threesome partner?" I ask, and I kid you not. Ginny gives me a death glare that rivals Gen's.

"What the fu..." She turns to her husband and hits him on the head. I rub my own head since Gen does the same thing to me. "Are you still telling that awful joke?" Alan is laughing.

"I only get a few more months to trick people..."

"It makes us look like we're insane."

"Pardon me." Arizona chimes in. "Just to clarify, whose baby is this?" She motions to Liza.

"It's theirs." Liza answers. "I'm their surrogate."

"But he just said you guys had a threesome." Jo states.

"That's because my husband is an idiot and thinks all of his jokes are funny." Ginny glares at Alan.

"It's a harmless joke."

"No, it's not! I'm apologizing to my husband. No, we did not have a threesome, but yes, Liza is pregnant with our child because she volunteered to be our surrogate after we suffered three miscarriages."

"You did that?" Jo asks Liza.

"Of course." Liza smiles at Ginny and Alan. "They're my friends, and they will make great parents. It's the least I could do for them."

"You are going through pregnancy for your friends." I point out to her.

"We're more than friends. We're family." Ginny declares as she squeezes Liza's hand.

"They helped me after my last relationship turned violent." Liza shares, and Jo tenses up. "Even with his lam jokes, Alan is a good guy."

"That I am." Alan agrees. "But this surgery Liza needs, will it harm her?"

"You're more worried about her than your baby?" I ask, shocked.

"As much as we would like a child, we wouldn't put Liza's life in danger for that. We can always try surrogacy again or adoption." Ginny tells us. "She's going to be okay right?" She asks.

"I can remove the tumor without delivering the baby, but if I had to deliver, the baby has good odds for survival." Arizona informs them.

"Liza, are you okay with this?" Ginny asks.

"Yes. Anything that would help the baby, I'm okay with." Liza answers with certainty. We leave the room allowing the three of them to be there for each other.

"So in some weird alternate universe, you and Gen could have been a thing." Jo comments.

"It never would have worked."