Chapter 1

AN:Hey guys! New story! I'm actually really excited to write this. I think it's either going to be the best or a big no no. Anyway don't forget to vote, comment etc. I love hearing feedback from you guy. And yes this is a high school AU where SWS didn't coexist with some of the bands mentioned. I hope that doesn't affect anything about you reading. Anyways I hope you enjoy! Vote and comment!
~Jenn

Rayleigh

I rolled over smacking the snooze button as I laid there with my eyes wide open my body spread out like a starfish. I didn't get any sleep last night. None. I was too nervous for today because today, on this very day I would be starting a new school. It's stupid how half way through junior year my parents decided to make such a big move. I mean, what was such the rush? Instead of letting me finish the other half with friends by my side, I'm being forced to step foot into a completely unfamiliar building with strangers. It was irrelevant.

As my alarm went off again I shot up from the bed and walked out off room into the bathroom. I never really tried hard in the mornings but now I had a whole new group of people to impress. After all, this was high school were talking about.

I spit out the toothpaste looking in the mirror smiling with my teeth to check and see if they were clean enough. I ran my tongue across them and looked down at my spongebob pajama pants immediately discarding them for skinny jeans. I threw my black v-neck over my head checking it over in the mirror to make sure it looked good. I was proud of my outfit.

I pulled my hair to the side in a braid and smiled at my appearance in the mirror. I pulled on my high tops and walked downstairs to the kitchen to see my mom doing my little sisters hair with bobby pins in her mouth French braiding her hair.

"Morning." I said she turned around and smiled.

"Morning Lee." My mom said poking the last bobby pin in Laila's hair.

"Morning Ray-Ray." Laila chirped and ran over to me hugging my waist.

"Morning Lai-Lai." I said smoothing her hair out a little.

"That's enough socializing lets go you're gonna be late!" My mom yelled while clapping her hands. She handed me and Laila a brown bag and shoved an apple in my hand complaining about breakfast. She grabbed her keys and ran to the car with Laila and I following close behind.

"So are you excited for your first day of school guys?" My mom said as she pulled out of the parking lot. Laila started going on and on about how she was nervous and at the same time couldn't wait to speak to new kids and hopefully find a best friend.

"What about you Ray?" I jerked my head up from looking out the window to my mom who was looking back and forth between watching the road and looking at me.

"I'm scared." Was all I said as she made a left turn. My new school was creeping closer and closer and I was dreading each and every moment of it. New surroundings, new people, new classes, new teachers. New everything. It was times like this when I wish I could just drop out and get my GED. As slow as the car seemed to be going it felt like a nanosecond before we reached my new school. James-Warren High School. Damn, I really didn't want to be here.

"It'll be ok Ray, no I didn't mean to rhyme that." My mom said as she parked near the drop off zone. There were so many people outside hanging in their own groups. Some people going from one group to another just socializing. How do people socialize? Like is there a certain book I should buy. Or is it some genetic mutation. Actually, I think I was the genetic mutation when it came to socializing.

"I hate to burst you bubble here, but I have to take Laila to school." My mom said unlocking the doors. "In the nicest most motherly way possible Lee, get out." My mom said while smiling. I sighed and opened the car door and shutting it behind me as I walked up the stairs to Hell. Did I say Hell? I meant school, I get those mixed up easily. I pulled my bag up over my one shoulder and started up the stairs. There were so many people, it made me nervous. But with the large amounts of people I was bound to make at least one friend. Right? Optimism was key. I couldn't walk through the hallways of school acting like a pessimistic bitch. Ok, I could, but it was highly unlikely considering my predicament. As I walked through the doors I noticed more people. I don't know why I was expecting there to be less people.