Chapter 19

Rayleigh

I sat there smiling with my head leaning against Kellin's shoulder. I laughed a little bending down to take off my killer heels and threw one of them on the ground making a loud sound which was not ok for past midnight time and winced at the echo. I paused listening for any signs of movement that anyone was awake and slowly placed the other one on the ground.

"Great job Matthews." I heard Kellin whisper next to me. I scoffed shoving his shoulder lightly feeling my eyes droop some. The cups of cocoa were empty and we just sat there enjoying each others presence.

"What was your favorite part about tonight?" I asked lifting my head from his shoulder which caused him to lift his head that was resting on top of mine. I saw him smile and shake his head laughing a little bit looking at me with a spark in his eye.

"Do you really want to turn all gushy and romantic now?" He asked arching an eyebrow. I shrugged smiling slightly.

"Midnight confessions with Rayleigh Matthews and Kellin Quinn." I said jokingly leaning against the table.

"Honestly, finding out that you loved me back. I know it's soon, almost two months, but I had feelings before those two months. Kinda grew ya know?" I nodded and kissed his cheek showing that I understood and felt the same. I laid my head back down on his shoulder and sighed happily playing with the nail polish on my nails. I found it crazy where I ended up. I couldn't believe that in two months I ended up dating the person I once hated with a passion. It all seemed like ancient history. It felt weird to think about how I once actually hated Kellin. Now, two months later I found myself loving him and never wanting to let go. Feelings were weird things man. Real weird.

"What about you?" He asked laying his head down on top of mine playing with my fingers.

"I don't have a favorite part because I loved all of it." I said with a shrug.

"Cheesy." He coughed under his breath. I lifted my head and he laughed. "Oh c'mon you know I love you and you're cheesiness." He said as I squinted my eyes crossing my arms.

"You better, were a package deal." I said and got up taking the mugs with me to the sink and filling it up with water before turning back to Kellin to see him smiling at me.

"What?" I asked. He waved it off and shrugged.

"Nothing." He said dismissively. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him again. There was a squeak from the hallway near the stairs were and I froze looking towards the empty dark hallway and back to Kellin.

"Did you hear that?" I said softly. I wasn't even sure if he heard me. He looked at me though and gave me a weird look and shook his head no. He was about to say something but I pressed my index finger to his lips and held a finger to my lips telling him silently to shut up. I stayed still. I wasn't going to go investigate. Have you seen any scary movies? That's how you die. I don't want to die. That's bad.

I saw a figure turn around the corner and stop with wide eyes. My mom stood there looking at Kellin and I with a scared look in her eyes and a wooden bat in her hands holding it close to her chest. She lowered the bat in her hands and took a sigh of relief.

"Goddamn it I thought someone broke into the house." She said quietly but angrily at she put the bat down softly and walking towards the cupboards taking out a cup filling it up with water from the sink.

"So how was prom?" She asked turning around and leaning against the counter taking a sip from her cup. I swear my mom was such a teenager sometimes.

"It was fine." Kellin and I said at the same time. She narrowed her eyes and nodded slowly taking another sip out of her cup.

"You hiding anything?" She asked pointing a finger at both me and Kellin.