Chapter 20

Rayleigh

This was so weird. This was so. Fucking. Weird. Never in a million years did I think I would be standing in front of my boyfriend's father with nothing to say. Now that I realize it I notice the similarities, the dark hair and the eyes. Kellin had his mother's lips, but his dad's nose. I was completely dumbfounded. I looked to Kellin to see his careless expression. He looked so tired and his mom had a couple of tears slipping out here and there. I feel like I'm intruding so bad, but I want nothing than for things to be okay for Kellin and his siblings and mom. This was so sudden I didn't know what to do, to say.

"Um, uh, I'm Rayleigh." I face palmed and lowered my head sighing. I'm so stupid.

"Yes we've established such." His father said laughing a little bit. I lifted my head and started backing away from the door. I couldn't have the feeling that I was intruding any longer.

"Why don't you come in and we could get acquainted?" His father suggested opening his arms for the opportunity for anyone to protest. Kellin looked beyond angry and his mom looked broken and I'm pretty sure I looked surprised. I looked at Kellin to see him already looking at me, silently begging me to come in.

"Um, okay?" I said feeling unsure of my decision stepping into the home. I rubbed my bare arms and looked around. Now that Kellin's father magically appeared I felt like the house looked different. No longer did it feel homey and nice, it felt strange to be standing there. His dad closed the door and his mom led us all over to the living room where it was quiet. Awkwardly quiet, I just wanted to leave. His mom left to go into the kitchen even though it was 2:30 in the morning and came back with a tray of four cups of water handing them out to everyone.

"So how is everyone?" His dad said smiling and leaning back in the recliner, crossing one leg over the other. Kellin stayed silent playing with the water in his cup.

"We're fine John." His mom said suddenly with a harsh attitude. "We don't need you." She whispered softly lowering her head. I only heard because she was sitting next to me. I grabbed Kellin's hand intertwining our fingers together giving his hand a squeeze of reassurance.

"You two are adorable, when's the wedding?" Kellin, who was taking a sip out of his water choked and let go of my hand covering his mouth coughing after he swallowed the rest of the water. I was just as surprised but held it back understanding that he needed me.

"We're only juniors, we've been dating barely two months!" He exclaimed coughing a little more. I smoothed his hair out rubbing his back trying to calm him down.

"Don't use that tone of voice with me young man." His father warned.

"Or what?" Kellin shot back. I had a feeling that his dad wouldn't do anything, but Kellin on the other hand, Kellin looked ready to kill and quite honestly it was scaring me.

"I'm your father and you will respect me!" His dad was raising his voice and I winced because not only did I not like the loudness and the yelling, there were three little kids sleeping upstairs and now wasn't the time for them to be waking up and witnessing this.

"My younger children are upstairs sleeping I'd appreciate it if you would have common decency and keeping your voice lowered!" Kellin's mom warned.

"You think you deserve my respect after what you've done to me, to us!" Kellin whisper yelled at his dad. I turned towards Kellin's mom and hugged her as she witnessed her son arguing with her ex-husband. She hugged me back and we sat like that, holding each other.

"I think I'm still your father and you should respect me." His father shot back crossing his arms.

"So you're playing the 'I'm your dad' card now, well you listen here you piece of-"