Chapter 3

Rayleigh

Me being me, I got lost on the way to gym. Aren't I just the smartest? I shook my head and walked down another corridor that held more classrooms. Looks like I'm skipping gym. It's not like I have a problem with it, it's just like y'know, it's my first day. It was just annoying because everyone was in class and here I am being a moron wandering the halls. I'll probably end up getting in trouble by one of those hall monitors that think their all that. Their like mall cops, they don't mean much but they like to think they're cool. I sighed and turned back around to go find one of the bathrooms to hang out in until the bell rang and bumped into someone's back. Again, I can't believe this happened again.

"Ugh, again." I heard a familiar voice say. I can't believe I did it again. I'm so clumsy. Kellin turned around and smirked. What the hell was he smirking about?

"If I didn't already say so myself I would say your stalking me." He said as I stood there in fear that he would get hostile again. I guess there was nothing to knock out of his hands again so I was good. For now.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest "For your information I got lost on the way to gym so I was just walking and basically being a lost puppy." I said and went to walk around him.

"Let me walk you there, I have to go to the office anyway." He said nonchalantly.

"Well look who's getting in trouble." I said smirking. He rolled his eyes and waved his hands off.

"Actually it's to discuss my horrendous history grades this time." He said with a shrug. "I don't like history. They're all dead anyway." He had a point. But it's no reason to actually fail on purpose. We rounded a corner walking in a different hallway. I heard whistles going off and yelling from somewhere and sighed. Looks like I'm already at the stupid gym.

"Here's the gym." He said. He looked ready to leave so I nodded and walked towards the gym while he walked away. I turned around and saw his back going off in the general direction of the office, where I was this morning and turned back around to see a middle aged heavy set guy with shorts and a polo shirt on with a whistle around his neck.

"You're late." Was all he said.

"I understand that, I'm Rayleigh Matthews and I'm new today-"

"Did you say Rayleigh?" He interrupted. I nodded fast and took a step back. He was intimidating me, why was everyone intimidating me today? He pointed towards the doors and I looked and saw nothing.

"You're wanted in the office." He said and walked away with a dodgeball in his hands.

"You're out Greg! You can't peg Bree in the face!" I heard him yell as I walked out. I rubbed my hands together nervously and made my way towards the office. I didn't do anything wrong so I wondered what I was wanted in the office for exactly. I pushed open the door to see the same secretary from this morning typing away from my computer. The squeak of the door caused her to look up at me and smile.

"You're that girl that walked into the door this morning, Rayleigh?" He said. I sadly nodded by the fact that that's how I would most likely be remembered every time I stepped foot in here.

"The principal is right through that door, you can go in now." She said and pointed to her right. I saw the door closed when I approached it so I politely knocked and waiting for the subtle permission to enter before opening the door. I saw the principle sitting at his desk and opened the door more to see Kellin sitting across from him. I sigh in annoyance and walked in.

"You must be Rayleigh! Welcome to James-Warren high school! I'm Mr. Kennel your principle." He introduced shaking my hand as I stood in front of the desk he was sitting at.