Chapter 6

Rayleigh

Saturdays are usually my lazy days. I like my lazy days where I snuggle up to Mr. Fluffball my beloved teddy bear-don't judge-and turn on those crappy scary movies and eat my feelings in junk food. Doritos, vanilla ice cream and assortments of pastries are my best friends on Saturdays. My favorite part being laughing at the dumb girl who runs up the stairs instead of out the front door. But unfortunately I couldn't do such today because of the stupid spring fling party at Sam's today. I know what you're thinking, well why not skip the party Ray? You have a new table to sit at and everything you don't need to fit in. Yes, yes and yes but I couldn't just leave Tess there to suffer without me there. I guess I was just to nice.

Another thing I loved about Saturdays is sleeping in til the wee hours of the afternoon, but I couldn't do that today either because Sam wanted to go shopping before the party, which starts at six tonight. Why start a party so early? Beyond my knowledge and honestly I didn't want to know her reasons because I just honestly did not care one bit. Even as I so tiredly drag my bag around behind me while Sam, Zooey, Kelly and Maddie carry a huge amount of bags because Sam refuses to carry her own while she talks on the phone with her beloved boyfriend also known as asshole Kellin. The baseball star just couldn't not go one moment without talking to his ultimately popular girlfriend. It made me want to punch myself in the face.

"Oohhh! Look! American Eagle is having a sale! Gotta go babe!" Sam squeaked and made kissy noises before hanging and running into American Eagle. I rolled my eyes and followed behind with Tess holding my own bags. Although I would love to be checking out those nice ripped skinny jeans, she dragged us right over to the more girly clothes and start picking out dresses and skirts.

"Am I the only one that wants to check out those skinny jeans?" Tess whispered and adjusted the Abercrombie bags hung on her wrist. I shook my head and backed up slowly back towards the jeans.

"Ray!" Shit. I halted and looked at Sam who was smiling and holding a sea foam green dress out in front of her smiling.

"How does this dress look?" She asked and held the hanger up to her shoulders. Did she want an honest answer?

"Lie to her." Tess whispered. I nodded slowly smiling and placed and hand on my hip.

"Totes good girl you should totally wear that to the party." I lied. Honestly, sea foam green wasn't her color and I thought the dress would look better on me but I wasn't going to tell her that. Plus I didn't even want to wear it. I didn't even want to waste my money and buy it. She walked up to me and held it up over me studying it before smiling at me and shoving it into my hands.

"I'll pick out something else because you're wearing that tonight because damn." She said I grabbed the dress hugging it to me before it fell out of my hands and widened my eyes.

"You're gonna look totes adorbs and I better see you leaving with one of the guys from the baseball team tonight." She said as we walked up to the checkout counter. I looked at Tess who was equally as surprised as I was and just merely nodded before I set the dress on the counter placing a fifty down on the counter since the dress was forty. The cashier smiled and handed me my change and receipt before handing me the bag.

Sam snapped her fingers and they all walked out while Tess and I stood there trying to grasp what just happened. We eventually walked out but not before dramatically fake crying over not being able to get the ripped skinny jeans, grabbing the air as we walked out.

"Well that was fun, but it's already 4 we're gonna go back to mine and get ready." Sam said putting her phone to her ear no doubt calling Kellin.

"Please, do not tell me we just spend six hours walking around the mall." I whispered to Tess as we walked out of the mall with multiple bags in our hands. She rolled her eyes and looked at me