Chapter 5

Rayleigh

The whistle blew signaling the beginning of this dumb ass game in P.E while I stand in the corner watching the dodge balls be thrown back and forth. Only my second day here and the drama just keeps getting worse. Zooey, Maddie and Kelly are so far up Sam's ass that they don't see what she's doing to them. Lucky for me it's Friday which means two things, I don't have to come back here tomorrow and I can sleep in. Unfortunately it also comes with it's consequences seeing that it's Sam's big "spring fling" party tomorrow night. I invited Tess over to get ready together considering that she's the only sane one there. But she said no because they have a rule that they all get ready together so we all have to be at Sam's because she's throwing the party. I didn't want to go. I didn't like these groups of girls because they were to uptight about-well everything.

My biggest fear was seeing Kellin there and having him talk to me. It was already bad considering I had to tutor him everyday at four while he just zones out into his own little world. Probably thinking about Sam. Why did that bother me? Sam is his girlfriend-his bitchy, bossy, stuck up girlfriend-but still his girlfriend. The only affiliation I have with him is English class-which he sleeps all class-tutoring and lunch where he's spending the time letting Sam steal food from his mouth. It's sickening. I hate it. I hate him.

"Lets go Matthews! Get your head in the game!" I heard yelled from across the gym as I stood there. I hate dodgeball, I was never really super athletic. I mean, I can throw a ball and catch it. But I swear if you put me on the track outside and told me to run a lap I would die before getting half way through. I crossed my arms and stood there waiting for the whistle to be blown where he dismisses us to get changed. The teacher tried to act encouraging but honestly I'm pretty sure he could give a fuck less.

"Not very athletic are you?" I heard next to me. I turned my head to see a girl standing there with black leggings and a blue tee shirt with high tops on her feet while she stood there with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I hate gym it's like useless." I said and looked over at her to see her chuckling.

"I'll join that club, my names Sarah," she said extending her arm while she kept the other one tucked by her side. I took her hand and shook it smiling.

"I'm Rayleigh nice to meet you." I introduced. Realization dawned on her and she nodded.

"You're the new girl. The one hanging with Sam and the bitches." She said tucking her arm back. She started laughing and shaking her head, "I feel so sorry for you, believe me." She said laughing a little harder. I couldn't help it and started chuckling a little bit too which soon turned to me holding my stomach and her doubled over holding her knees.

"Oh boy, were gonna be great friends." She said patted my shoulder and wiping under her eyes.

The whistle blew and the teacher yelled at us to get changed and Sarah and I walked into the locker room talking about everything and nothing.

"So Ray," she started as we walked out of the locker room with our bags on our shoulders "you should sit with my friends and I on Monday, it'll give you a chance to leave the bitches." She said lifting her bag more as we walked slowly. This was the last class of the day so there was really no rush to be made.

"Do mind if Tess comes, she hates it over there." I said trying to stick up for Tess. She nodded and reached in her back pocket for her phone.

"Just text me and we can set it up." She said handing me her phone. I typed my number in sending myself a message so that I had her number in return and walked towards the exit with her as the bell rang.

"Will do." I said as she walked away waving. I spotted my mom's car and walked down the stairs pulling out my phone and opening up the texts between me and Tess as I walked over