Chapter 13

Rayleigh

I'm pretty sure I fell asleep with a smile on my face and woke up with the goddamned thing still there. My happiness could possibly stretch around the whole universe and still not reach the end. Was that cheesy? Who am I kidding yes it was. I haven't really talked to anyone except Kellin lately, I've been off the grid. Today was the official start of spring break where I would literally spend my days curled up in bed doing nothing productive with my life. I would eat, sleep, and watch movies. If that's not productive I don't know what is. Laila has been spending a lot of time with Melinda lately and I'm more than happy that she found a friend. Maybe I could go over to pick her up as an excuse to just leave for a little bit. Maybe spend some time with Kellin. It was noon and I was still sitting at the kitchen counter scrolling through my phone and answering occasional texts. I was so happy that my brain woke me up at 11:25 and was wide awake since then. Of course I was ecstatic, happy, to the moon in happiness I had a boyfriend. Kellin Quinn has managed to change my mind about him. Maybe it good and maybe it was a disaster waiting to happen, but I couldn't just deny the feelings that I had towards him because of some stupid clique in school. Sam promised that it wouldn't last long, but I'm pretty sure whatever she has planned will only ruin herself or her reputation.

"You've been smiling since you got home yesterday ya know?" I heard my dad say as he stood across from me. I was so happy that I was in my own little world and didn't even notice him standing there.

"I'm just happy, I'm very happy." I said shrugging my shoulders. The small smile stayed on my face while he studied my face.

"Is that Ryan boy that took you out on a date?" The mere mention of Ryan broke my heart. He was such a nice boy and was such a nice person and I just ditched a polite and nice guy for an asshole. I fell for the bad boy and I felt terrible. My smile faded and I looked down at the counter shaking my head back and forth.

"It wasn't going to work out anyway." I whispered. And I knew it from the moment my thoughts wandered to my boyfriend. My boyfriend. That's so weird for me to say. Never would I think in a million years Kellin would be my boyfriend.

"Then what is it Sunshine Ray?" He asked taking a sip of his coffee. I sighed and leaned my cheek against my hand while I drew invisible circles on the counter top below me. Before I knew it the smile made its way back onto my face and I was looking at my dad smiling.

"Remember Kellin?" I asked. He nodded and I smiled even more.

"He kinda asked me, to be his girlfriend and I said yes." I said tapping my nails and smiling like a complete and utter moron while he stood there with a straight face.

"Oh." Was all he said as he looked back down at his coffee mug. He stood up straight and his back cracked a little.

"Excuse me for a moment." He said walking towards the stairs "Sandra!! Where's my shotgun??" I heard him yell up the stairs. I heard a door open and listened carefully.

"You mean the water gun you got when you were 17. It's in the garage." I heard my mom say. I snickered and shook my head as my dad ran down the stairs and towards the garage and coming back with said water gun that looked exactly like a shotgun. He walked over to the sink and filled it up while whistling.

"I want to meet this Kellin boy as your official boyfriend if that's ok." He said nonchalantly and turned off the water drying off the water from the outside and standing across from me again. I nodded and opened up a new text to send to Kellin.

To: KellBell <3

So my dad wants to meet you as my official boyfriend. And no you don't have a choice get your pretty little ass over here in five minutes.