Chapter 17

Rayleigh

Was nervous the right way to describe me right now? Or maybe scared, terrified, horrified. The list goes on I can name all the negative feelings all day. It was my first day back to school in three days. Three days since Sam told my darkest secret. Three days since I went home and cried of embarrassment. Three days. I couldn't even find the will to get out of my car. I sat there with my hands on the ten, two position on the steering wheel in the school parking lot. I looked in the mirror and noticed my paling face and quickly looked away. I looked to my right out the window and saw Kellin's car parked next to mine. His new car in fact, got it a couple of days ago. But that wasn't the point. Somehow I had to get the guts to walk into that school with confidence.

However, if I stayed here any longer trying to build up my confidence then I would be late to class because there is no way in hell that I'm gaining some kind of magical confidence in five minutes. I wasn't a wizard. No matter how much I wanted to be one. I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and sat it in my lap holding on to it tightly as if it would create some sort of protection. I took in a deep breath holding it and puffing out my cheeks before finally opening my door and closing it swinging my bag over the shoulder. Now was the moment of truth and possibly detention because I was late to chemistry.

I swiftly moved up the steps skipping one at a time to make it up faster and opened the doors to the school walking in. I took a deep breath and stood there in the middle of the lobby before walking fast paced to my locker. The halls were vacated which I was extremely grateful for considering I would be getting pitiful looks from everyone the whole time. I hated pity, though that made me a hypocrite because I also gave pity. I twisted my combination skillfully and swung open my locker dumping class books I didn't need before lunch and stuffed the others in my bag. I closed my bag and started walking towards chemistry with my head hung low, but before I could even reach the class I was slammed up against the lockers while I dropped my bag with a gasp widening my eyes at Maddie, who was part of Sam's little posse.

"Um, uh ummm." I couldn't form sentences instead I looked like a complete moron both terrified and wanting to beat her ass to the ground. Curse my introverted personality.

"What's the matter cat got your tongue?" She asked softly letting go of my shoulders pulling me into her and slamming me back against the lockers harder. She was so skinny yet she had so much strength. What the hell.

The crash against the metal of the lockers hurt my back as it hit one of the combinations. I winced and she laughed. Sadistic bitch.

"I would watch what you say and do because the whole school might be against Sammy but I'm still on her side and I can and will fuck you up." She said lowly and backed up from me. She smiled and picked up my bag handing it too me as a hall monitor passed by. I grabbed the strap but was to scared to make a move.

"Damn it Ray I wasn't looking where I was going I'm so sorry. Here." She said holding it out to me as the hall monitor walked away without a single glance. Once he turned the corner she yanked the bag back, pulling me with her.

"Remember what I said." She growled in my ear pushing my bag out of my hands making everything fall on the floor as she walked away. I picked up my papers fast and stuffed them in my bag all out of order and looked at the time on my phone. Nearly the end of first period, might as well skip. I sighed and walked to the library. It was quiet, I would have time to think and sort out my mess of papers. As I approached the door I groaned at the pink sign hung on the inside of the dark library and turned around walking around until finally the bell rang and I made my way to history while people poured out of their first period classes, making their way to where they need to go.