Chapter 26

Rayleigh

Laying down, sleeping against your will because of some extremely over dramatic girl for two weeks didn't help with my legs at all. The lack of movement and function only seemed to make me feel like a toddler who was walking for the first time. My legs were constantly wobbly, even though it got slightly better by the time Monday rolled around I still had to move slow and couldn't strain myself. When I said I had to sit, I had to sit or else I would risk myself falling. To be honest, it didn't even feel like two weeks, it felt like a night's sleep. It went by so fast for me, yet I can only imagine how the time dragged on for my mom and Kellin.

I stood in front of the mirror looking at my reflection one last time before sighing and shutting off the light as I walked out. I grabbed my book bag from my room and made my way downstairs and to the kitchen to my mom serving pancakes and my dad reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. I swear this sounds so average.

"Morning sweet heart! I made pancakes!" My mom said excitedly as I walked towards the counter, grabbing the syrup.

"How're you feeling baby girl?" I heard my dad ask. I paused from drowning my pancakes in syrup and looked over to him smiling.

"I'm ok, the headaches come every now and again, but I'm fine." I said softly. He smiled and kissed my head before turning back to his paper.

"It's good to have you back." He said scanning the sports section of the paper.

I ate my pancakes quickly, my whole goal was honestly just to get this day over and done with. I was nervous about what would happen with Sam, I was nervous about what would happen with me. I was really hoping that in those two weeks my mom went to the police station or something because I really don't think I can deal with this anymore. I pushed my empty plate away from me and smiled at my mom who took it to the sink and came back over to me kissing my forehead and hugging me right wishing me a good day, my dad doing the same as I walked towards the foyer retrieving my car keys and book bag making my way out the door.

The drive to school was smooth sailing and peaceful with little traffic, but it didn't help with my growing anxiety. My heart beat was erratic and my hands became clammy as I pulled into a parking spot getting out quickly fearing something would happen again. I made my way to the entrance quickly and the first person I saw was Sarah who was standing with Tess laughing about something before she averted her gaze around to the people walking by her and her eyes landed on mine. She looked taken back but before I could give a wave or walk over to her I was tackled to the ground in a hug.

"RAYLEEEEEEEIIGGH!!" I heard Tess yell before both me and Sarah groaned at the addition of weight to the tackle of hugs. I laughed tightly from the lack of oxygen getting to my lungs as they got off to let me breathe.

"We missed you chica!" Tess said excitedly. I smiled and looked down.

"I missed you both too, so much." The bell rang signaling the five minute warning to get to class as I groaned from the lack of communication with my friends and parted ways with them so I could get to my locker.

After two months with the same locker, you think I'd get better with this combination thing but nope, I was late by the time I got my locker open and the bell rang. I sighed heavily and placed my later books in my locker and grabbing my chemistry and history folder before slamming my locker shut and running to first period. I opened the door in a hurry and made my way to the back of the classroom where Ryan was sitting as I sat there taking everything out. Mr. Walker didn't say anything but just sighed. Ryan nudged my shoulder and I looked up and smiled.

"Sarah was a wreck without you, I'm glad you're back it's nice to have you." He said quietly as our teacher handed out a worksheet.

"Thank you." I whispered.