Chapter 30

Rayleigh

Ugh, I hate moms, they're so smothering sometimes, and emotional, lets not forget emotional. I scrunched up my face as my mom continued showering my face with kiss after kiss as she continued crying. When was she not crying? I give her props though, she hasn't cried since prom night at least two months ago. Today was also Kellin's last day of school and he would be home any minute to take us to the airport as we were flying to Oregon today. I was excited, I was really excited, though I hate to leave my family, I'm going somewhere to be happy and filled with peace. No more Samantha Derain on my mind, it felt so good.

"Please, please please, be safe. Call, text, Skype, FaceTime, everything I want to hear from you a lot." My mom said squishing my cheeks together. Her eyes filled up with tears again as she crushed me into another hug sighing and pulling away and wiping under her eyes.

"Yes mom, I'll call you as soon as I land, I promise." I said tiredly. I was bored waiting for Kellin but he always had to be damn fashionably late. School ended nearly an hour ago and he still wasn't here. It made me worry. It probably also made me seem extremely clingy which I wasn't, I just worry easily.

"Ray it's only been an hour, knowing him he's packing right now because he didn't use his spare week to do so for some reason." His mom said sitting in a lawn chair next to my mom, sipping a martini and watching Laila and Melinda play with the giant bubbles. My mom and her have actually become great friends and it was so cute. I just wanted to pinch their cheeks. I'd probably get slapped in the face for doing that though so I had to refrain from being my normal immature self.

"Yeah I just worry so easily though." I said biting my index finger repeatedly.

"Well have you tried calling him?" I heard my mom ask sighing at the end. Why are people so much smarter than me. I'm holding my phone in my hand, yet I cannot comprehend that I should try simply calling him to see what's happening.

My nerves were getting the best of me though, what if he changed his mind and thought ditching me here was the only way to let me down. That was the main thing pointing out in my mind was the fear that he changed his mind and wouldn't want to come with me anymore because he realized I wasn't worth his time anymore. No...no stop it. This is a new start Ray, no more negative thoughts. He just procrastinated and packed late. Yes. Certainly. It'll all be ok.

"Your flight leaves in like four hours why don't you just go check on him and see if he's ok." My mom said sipping her drink and leaning back relaxing. I nodded and placed my suitcase flat on the ground and started running. This was huge for me because I never ran. Never. I hated running and for me to run was important. I should be getting paid for this.

His car was in the driveway so I knew that he was home. I walked up to the front door and didn't bother knocking seeing as I've been here so many times and started walking through the house trying to find him. He wasn't in the living room and he wasn't in the kitchen stuffing his face. I made my way up the stairs and knocked on his bedroom door softly before entering and seeing him with his head in his hands, suitcase full of clothes overflowing and Sam standing in front of him.

"What's going on here? What the fuck do you think you're doing here?" I asked rudely shutting the door behind me. He looked up at me with red and puffy eyes with fresh tears lining them.

"Is it true?" Was the first thing that came out of his mouth as his voice cracked. "After five months you had to do this instead of simply ending it?"

"Kellin I don't know what you're talking about!" I said growing scared of what actually happened before I came here.

"Don't act like you don't know I have proof!" He yelled.