Chapter 8

Rayleigh

Mondays sucked. Who the hell even invented Mondays in the first place. Whoever did is now added onto the list of enemies. But I wasn't sure if Kellin would be number one or the mystery inventor of the day Monday. I rolled over to get up before my alarm started blaring that annoying beeping sound again and fell onto my carpeted floor with a thump. Great way to start a Monday morning by falling onto my floor. It might've been carpeted but damn that hurt like hell. I groaned into the carpet and lifted my head up spitting out little fuzzies that made their way into my mouth from the carpet and opened the bedroom door crawling to the bathroom-literally crawling.

"Don't you think you're being just a wee bit over dramatic for a Monday morning?" I heard my dad ask as I saw him from the banister getting his coat on and buttoning it. I groaned in response and continued my crawling until I felt the cold tile of the bathroom floor getting up and looking at the rat's nest that has somehow become part of my hair. After I finished washing up I dried off my face getting the toothpaste off the corners of my mouth and walked out of the bathroom going back to my room.

I checked over my outfit, which again didn't contain pink and shrugged walking out of my room and towards the kitchen. I felt my stomach growling and grabbed an apple from the fruit dish biting into it. I only had one more week before spring break i'll be fine. I can survive. It was a short distance from my house to the school and I didn't want to make my mom drive me all the way there and then to Laila's school so I decided walking was the way to go. I grabbed my book bag and walked out the door into the crisp spring air breathing it in slowly. Spring was always my favorite season, I hated the bugs hands down no doubt, but I loved seeing the flowers bloom. I walked by one of those fuzzy flowers and picked it and twirled it between my fingers smiling. I blew it watching the little petals swirl in the wind. It was peaceful. At least that what I wanted it to be before I heard a voice behind me.

"Ray!" I lowered my head with a sigh. I've changed my mind. He's enemy number one. Monday guy doesn't seem so bad now. I didn't understand how he couldn't just leave me alone! I was already fucked up by the stupid kiss, the only interaction I had to have with him was tutoring and that was forced. I had to make it believable though so I turned around with a small smile on my face and waved.

"Hi Kellin." I greeted and turned back. He slowed next to me and started walking my pace with his hands in pockets whistling every once in a while.

"Well someone's chipper this morning." He said sarcastically nudging my arm. I held back my growl and shrugged.

"I guess I'm just tired." I whispered.

"Understandable, it is Monday. Who invented Mondays anyway?" He said and laughed. He was being strangely nice to me and I didn't quite know why.

"Why are you like, being nice to me?" I asked as we reached the school parking lot.

"Because I like you." He said with a shrug. My eyes widened and I started coughing a little bit while covering my mouth. He gave me a confused look and tilted his head to the side slightly before getting the idea.

"No no no no no," he said shaking his head really fast "as a friend! You're just a cool person and you got that feisty side. I like you as a friend!" He clarified with a nod. I nodded slowly and walked inside without another word said and made my way to my locker to get my chemistry book for first period and turned around and saw Kellin smiling and leaning against the neighboring locker. I slowly closed my locker and gave him a weird look.

"Shouldn't you, uh, be with Sam?" I asked making my way towards the chemistry room.

"She's not here yet so I thought I'd be a good friend and walk you there." He said with a shrug. I pursed my lips and shrugged my shoulders leading the way. This whole sudden burst of kindness was weird. I didn't know if it was getting on my nerves or strangely comforting. I didn't find myself wanting to know honestly. We reached Mr. Walker's room and I stopped and turned around.