Chapter 12

Rayleigh

Look, I know I said that doing this sounded appealing but I changed my mind. I changed my mind so much. I didn't want to die. I'm too young to die. I can't die. I have so much more of life to live. My birthday is in 9 days I can't die before my 17th birthday. I didn't care about the people around us having fun. My main objective was to get out of here alive and in one well respected piece thank you very much.

"C'mon Ray it's not that difficult!" Kellin said facing me and moving backwards. When did he become so good at this? That's a stupid question, for all I know he could've always been good at this.

"Easy for you to say Mr. I-Can-RollerSkate-Backwards!" I snapped as I held on to the ledge for dear life not daring to move an inch in the roller skates while Kellin was expertly skating backwards and turning around in circles. Show off. He stopped in front of me coming to a perfect stop smiling.

"Please come skate with me." He said poking out his bottom lip. I scoffed and held on tighter.

"Kellin I can barely even stand in these things and you want me to skate with you?" I said raising an eyebrow. What was wrong with this boy? Is he trying to kill me? This will certainly be yet another cause of my death. Just in case you didn't know I was possibly the worlds worst roller skater. It was like putting roller blades on a toddler and push them to see them fall on their face. I felt bad for toddlers like that because I knew how they felt. Except these were regular roller skates so I wasn't sure I should feel worse or not.

"Yes now c'mon chica." He yelled over the music. I swear if a one direction song plays I'm walking out of here and never coming back.

"I don't know Kellin." I said still holding the ledge for dear life. He laughed and skated closer to me.

"Pwease." He said sticking out his bottom lip. Oh, how I hated when he did that because he was so fucking adorable I just couldn't take it. How does he make it look so cute yet it looks like I got attacked in the face by a bird when I do it? Did that make sense? Whatever.

I sighed loudly making my annoyance with him known and looked at him fear "I swear if you fucking drop me I'll shove the roller blades up your ass and make you skate home that way." I said as I gripped his shoulder tightly as he skated backwards with me still holding on for dear life. My life as I know it is over. Might as well say goodbye now.

"I got you Ray, just trust me." He soothed. I kept arms around his neck while he skated backwards dragging me with him. It was quiet between us, it was awkward more like fun and peaceful. We were slowly getting closer and soon enough maybe we could have a friendship. No matter how much I want a relationship with Kellin, I feel as if he'll never feel the same and we'll be in the friendzone for as long as we live. Plus he just broke up with Sam, I can't lay that on him so soon. The sad part is that I think he actually really did like her. I mean who wouldn't she's beautiful and I'm..me.

Before I could notice I look to see Kellin skating ahead of me and my body moving from the skates as I was paralyzed from fear to move.

"You asshat! Why would you do that." I said as I slowly came to a stop. I had to find a ledge and sadly I would still have to skate and risk falling on my ass to get there. It was now or never. Kellin shot by me smiling and going around for another lap. I whimpered from my fear and instead of simply rolling over considering there were wheels under me, I lifted my foot taking a step before I felt two arms wrap around my waist and a breath run down my neck.

"Don't be scared angel, I can help you." I heard a deep voice ask. I shivered and pulled away from the person falling forward. I squeezed by eyes shut waiting for the impact but it never came. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Kellin death glaring the guy behind me.