1 ~ That's why I don't like ships

~ Yorkshire, England 1912 ~

Evelyn Levinson, now at the age of 18, grew up very happy at Downton despite her rocky start in life. Evelyn has since struggled to keep up with the busy lives of the Crawley family; however, Evelyn had always managed to find peace with the staff of the house - more specifically Mrs. Patmore. Evelyn developed quite a love for cooking as she will frequently disappear into the kitchen to assist Mrs. Patmore with the family dinners. Mrs. Patmore couldn't express enough how she enjoyed having Evelyn with her, considering she was quite a skilled and a pleasant influence in the servants' station. The staff treated her no different than anyone else, as she would not allow them to. It was difficult at first for Mr. Carson to allow the staff to speak to her so formally, but he quickly realized that Evelyn's stubbornness would allow nothing less than casual with her - especially considering she spent most of her time with them.

Evelyn was loved by nearly everyone in Downton, even by the most hard-to-love people: such as Thomas Barrow, the conniving valet of Lord Grantham, and even the Dowager Countess Violet Crawley - though Violet would never admit she was quite fond of the girl's rambunctious attitude and goofy nature. Even Barrow's partner in crime, Ms. O'Brien, Cora's lady's maid, had caught herself smiling at the girl who she had deemed to be 'quite the annoyance'. She was indeed loved by...well...almost everyone in Downton.

Her relationships with her cousins had varied greatly. She and Sybil were often referred to as 'the twins' as they spent a lot of time together growing up as they would sneak away to read and play tricks on the family. Evelyn and Mary, the eldest Crawley girl, had always been a fairly civil relationship, Mary occasionally enjoyed Evenlyn's company while she ran to pick errands in town; though she did not necessarily consider them to be close, Mary found that her cousin easy to get along with and someone to converse with if needed. Edith, the middle Crawley girl, and Evelyn had always seemed to have a hostile relationship, much to Evelyn's dismay. Edith was never fond of her cousin and seemed to deliberately try to make Evelyn angry or upset - Evelyn would simply brush her off and move on. The reason for the hostility was unknown, but Evelyn had worked for years to try to fix it to no avail in her 12 years of living with her.

Cora and Robert loved Evelyn deeply as if she were one of their own. They had said from the moment she walked in on that sad day, the atmosphere of their homes changed - in a good way. She brought a certain light and zaniness to their family that they did not realize they were missing. The Grantham's had decided to not officially adopt Evelyn as Cora wished for her to keep her father's name as long as she could as well as the instance of keeping her fortune secured in her and not with the Crawley's. However, under different circumstances, they would have loved to make her an adopted daughter; though, unofficially, she was.

Evelyn missed her parents dearly and thought of them often, especially when she would see a new model car or when she would grab the small gold necklace around her neck. Despite her tragic loss, Evelyn went through the stages of grief gradually and when she turned 10, she was finally able to move on and live her new life to the fullest.