18 ~ Andover and under

Announcement at the end! Enjoy!

---------------

Evelyn groggily sat up in her bed and stared out her window, shivering a bit as she recalled her violent vomiting after she got home. It was worth it though. Padding over to her vanity, she looked at the letter from Ben that still sat beside her. She wondered why she hadn't gotten rid of it yet only to realize that she looked at it as a reminder: a reminder to not let her heart go too easily. Although Grant seemed to be a decent, kind, smart man, Evelyn did not want to rush into this - he said it himself, take it slow. She respected his wisdom on her situation and took it to heart. Being as young as she was she has plenty of time to explore her options and enjoy her youth while she still could. Like, for example, she would love to plan a trip back to American to see her grandparents and her uncle - they had offered to take Evelyn for as long as she'd like to stay. 

Since she arrived at Downton, Evelyn had not left - even to visit her grandparents. She had a fear of leaving her family and coming back to them not being there...she knew it was irrational to think that way. The thought of leaving Downton for her own life or leaving at all hurt her heart, so she found it best not to dwell on it. However, considering she was going to look at her future home today, the reality crept up to her yet again.

All these thoughts circled her head as she absentmindedly got ready. Since Anna was sick, she started her morning alone which is a rare occurrence. Mrs. O'Brien took Anna's place for the time being and Evelyn would rather vomit again than be in the company of O'Brien. 

Walking to the main floor, Evelyn knocked gently on the library doorway to let Robert know she was there - he was intensely working so she didn't want to startle him. He turned around and smiled. "Hello, dear."

"Good morning, Uncle. Do you and Aunt Cora have anything planned for this afternoon?"

He thought for a moment before shaking his head. "Cora is having tea with my mother at one...but other than that I think today will be quite a free day. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I'm going to see the house in Andover today and I wanted to know if you two would like to join me. And Lady Violet, if she'd be interested."

Robert smiled. "We would love nothing more. And do you think Mother would pass up the opportunity to ridicule a home? Never. Let me speak to Cora and Mother and see if they'd like to skip tea or go after, will either work for you?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"Perfect, I'll come to find you when I know."

"Thank you!" With a grin, Evelyn left the library.

She stood in the parlor for a few moments, still feeling a bit sick and tired. She decided to check on Mary since she didn't get the chance to see her when she got home. 

Mary was enjoying the fresh air as she sat on a bench under one of the large oak trees. Evelyn leisurely strolled to the tree as she too enjoyed the fresh air and the sound of the birds. Sitting beside Mary, she sighed and closed her eyes.