21 ~ In Full Bloom

I'm gonna put this A/N at the beginning of this chapter because I want to say

WE REACHED OVER 10K READS!!🎉

Thank you all so so much for the support this story has gotten! This is story has one of the most interactive and kind reader-bases I have ever had and it genuinely makes me smile.

I was so shocked to see that Cousin Evelyn had been #1 in the 'Downton Abbey' category for several weeks! I enjoy writing this story so much and I'm so pleased you all love it as much as I do and continue to support it!

Thank you all so much! I hope you all enjoy this chapter!😘✨

------------------

Saturday marked the day of the annual Downton Flower Show. The Crawley family gathered in the parlor waiting on Evelyn - who was rushing around her room looking for her scallop-brimmed hat. For an unknown reason, the flower show always meant dressing in pale, earth-tone colors and anything too bright made you stick of the crowd like a sore thumb.

Evelyn rummaged through her drawer, growling in annoyance in the process. She suddenly gasped and darted to the floor, lifting the edge of her comforter to find her hat shoved under her bed. "Aha!" She jammed her arm under the bed in an attempt to reach the edge of the ribbon.

"What on earth are you doing?" An amused Sybil asked from the doorway.

"My hat is under the bed!"

"How did it get under there?"

"Uhhh...I may have wanted to see if it flew like a frisbee and it slid under...but I only just now remembered I had done that!"

Sybil chuckled and moved closer. "Let me try."

Evelyn propped herself on her knees to allow Sybil space. Sybil grunted as she struggled to grip the ribbon until she quickly grabbed ahold of it. "Got it!" She pulled the hat free and tossed it to Evelyn.

Evelyn smiled and brushed off the bit of dust. "Thank you, Sybil! Though I do wish you hadn't managed to get it...it's about the ugliest thing I've ever seen." She turned her nose up at the beige hat with silk, baby-blue ribbon around the base. The hat matched her creme and beige 3/4 sleeve dress that had a baby blue ribbon tied around the waist.

"It's not that bad. I think you look lovely in beige" Sybil said as she rose to her feet. "Granny's getting rather impatient we better get going. I'll help you put it on once we get there, hm?"

Evelyn nodded and followed Sybil out of her room. Once Violet had spotted the girls, she narrowed her eyes at Evelyn and tapped her cane on the granite floor. "A moment longer and I just might have died!"

Robert rolled his eyes. "Don't be so dramatic, mother. Let's get going everyone!"

--------------

The Crawley's, divided into two cars, pulled up to the Downton Event Center as residents scattered at the entrance to hand in their tickets for the show. Evelyn looked out the car window as Tom parked. She smiled at the floral decor lining the usually dull building. Hopping out of the car, she saw Molesley unloading the basket of flowers on the front of his bike - no doubt some of the extras his dad insisted they present.