September, 1993

"WELL, WELL, Miss Black. I am certainly seeing a different side to you,"

The class had begun to trail out after the hysterical event. Draco, rather, sulked out ripping off his milk soaked robes – and Liv knew she'd have to watch out for bugs in her food for the next three years, because no way was Draco letting her get away with such a humiliation. Liv hung back to talk to her father, now Professor, who despite just threatening her with a detention, was now failing to hold back a smile.

"You know, I'm actually pretty badass,"

Remus eyed Liv with suspicion, because, no way was his little angel, bundle of joy daughter any sorts of badass... surely?

"It's true! My first day here I punched a girl in the face, and everyone thought I'd got expelled but really I was just in the hospital wing. I think it intimidated everyone because no ones ever tried to mess with me, you know? Except Malfoy, Merlins beard I hate that boy! I actually hexed his hair pink for a whole week last year, but I'm pretty sure he tried to set me on fire in revenge – he said it was an accident, but no one laughs when you accidentally set someone's hair on fire, surely? I had to have the house elves chop half of it off! Then I put hair removal cream in his shampoo. Classic muggle prank, but I actually got in quite a lot of trouble for that one,"

Remus was leant against his desk – arms crossed with a raised brow. Liv didn't notice, for she was too busy breaking of chunks of chocolate from the bar in front of her. Until, she realised there was a reason she never told her father any of this, and quickly clasped a hand over her mouth.

"Oh my god!" she said quickly, "why am I telling you this?"

"I don't know," Remus said with a shake of his head. "Now i'm your teacher I should be mad, but as your father I'm really quite impressed,"

"Good," Liv rolled her eyes, irritably chucking a piece of chocolate at him. "so you're not going to give me anymore detentions?"

"I can't exactly let something like that slip, even if you are my daughter,"

"He started it," Liv mumbled, and crossed her arms letting out a little huff to the ceiling. Remus, moving from the one side of his desk to the other where Liv was sat said flatly:

"Liv, you poured milk over someone's head in the middle of class,"

Liv frowned and let out another huff to the ceiling because, honestly, who cares that Draco got covered in milk – he deserved it anyway. And Liv's mad, her Father gave out his first detention to his daughter?

"Actually – if I remember correctly, class had been dismissed," Liv said bitterly.

"Well, you were still in my classroom under my control," Remus spoke using his new 'high-authority teacher voice' as Liv liked to now call it. "And I'm still your Father,"

"Whatever," Liv muttered – kicking open a draw she knew held more chocolate bars. As she indulged herself in the sweet treat, she remembered the last time she'd eaten a piece of her Fathers chocolate. When the dementor had made its way into the carriage Liv was occupied in, and when the dementor had made her dream the strangest dream she'd ever dreamt – so much so it had caused her to faint, for reasons that were still unknown to Liv.

"Can I ask you a question?" she asked momentarily, and she wasn't sure why – because there was no way Remus had the answer, no matter how smart he was.