April, 1994

SOMEONE PRESENT in the third-year girls dormitory was snoring. Liv was not impressed. She'd been awake for what seemed like hours, unable to sleep over the unbearable noise. She'd tried everything – even stuffing a pillow over her face. She'd nearly given up, until someone else in the room let out a loud huff, clearly irritated by the noise too.

"Padma?" Liv whispered. "Is that you?"

"Yeah," Padma grumbled back. "Who the hell is it?"

"Lavender, probably," Liv giggled.

"Maybe we should suffocate her," Padma sighed.

"That's what I've been thinking," Liv replied.

Lavender let out a particular loud snore, causing Padma to groan just as loud, launching herself from her bed. "Come on, I cant bare this, let's sleep on the couch," she said, dragging her duvet off her bed and storming out not room, not worrying if her footsteps were too loud.

"Wait for me!" Liv called, pulling away her duvet too and skipping down the steps quickly down to the common room – shivering in the coldness of the place. Together they squeezed themselves onto the small couch, taking a while for Liv to finally stop shivering.

It took even longer for her to fall asleep. In no time at time, Padma was soundly sleeping and Liv was left alone in the cold, dark room. Liv wasn't sure how long she'd spent staring at the ceiling before she heard the light echo of footsteps, but it had felt like forever. She immediately sat up, desperately patting around between her and Padma's body to locate her wand to see wether it was a friend or foe, or worse, her murderous Father who'd finally tracked her down.

"Harry?" Liv whispered, finally grasping her wand to get some light. Harry's face illuminated at the other end of it, a surprised expression on his face. Luckily, Liv wasn't doing to die tonight.

"Liv?" He replied. "What are you doing down here?

"Someone was snoring," Liv said, pointing to Padma's sleeping frame. "We couldn't sleep. What about you?"

"Oh, nothing," Harry smiled, shoving the piece of paper in his hands quickly into his pocket.

Liv began to grin, eyeing Harry curiously. "Keeping secrets from me, Harry?"

"No!" Harry gasped. "It's nothing, really,"

Liv looked down to Harry's feet next to her own that were bare. "You put your shoes on for nothing?" Liv asked, before suddenly clasping her hands to her mouth with a gasp. "Are you going to go see a girl?"

Harry turned immediately red. "No! I'm– I saw something on the map," he admitted, pulling the paper back out of his pocket. "I wanted to check it out,"

"Well what did you see?" Liv said, standing up from the couch, realizing the paper he'd been holding was the marauders map. "Can I come see with you?"

"Fine," Harry sighed. "I'll explain on the way,"

They climbed through the portrait hole quietly, carefully not to wake the sleeping woman and were about to walk down the moving stairs. Liv silently laughed at herself, wondering why she'd ever believed the footsteps had been that of Sirius Black. How paranoid was she? Suddenly, she paused, stopping in her tracks. "Harry?" Liv called to the boy. "You're not looking for Sirius Black are you?"

Harry stopped too. "No, no, it's not that," He said shaking his head. "Remember what they said about Peter Pettigrew?"

Liv thought hard. "Black killed him?"

"Exactly," Harry said, and continued to walk forward. Liv followed him. "Yet i saw his name on the map,"

"Maybe it was a mistake," Liv suggested.