sirius' arrival, july 1994

a/n !! if you remember kaia she's DEAD ok not literally she'd just not part of the story anymore i dunno why i did that anyways MWAH love u!

LIV BLACK HATED Cedric Diggory. She despised the way she couldn't tear her eyes away from the letter that had her name neatly written across it's envelope in his loopy writing. She hated how, despite having spoken only twice, she could not get that stupid god damned boy out of her head. She especially hated the way she'd put his letter on top of the pile she'd recently received over the first couple days of summer – of course, she'd convinced herself it was just an accident and not because she wanted it to be the first letter she opened when she finally got the chance. LIV BLACK DOESN'T LIKE CEDRIC DIGGORY, Liv keeps telling herself, because she needs reminding everytime the boy in question pops into her mind. Which, quite frankly, seemed to be a hundred times a day.

No matter how much she denied it, Liv Black was slowly falling for Cedric Diggory.

She'd blew out every candle thinking about him – used up every fallen eyelash wishing for him, before blowing it off the tip of her finger. She'd promised herself she wouldn't open the letter until tomorrow, because she wasn't that desperate to read its contexts. That was soon proved wrong, however, when she desperately teared open the envelope.

      Liv,
I thought of writing to you though you are just a stranger at this point - I hope you don't mind. I'm by the ocean watching the sun settle for the night, and I can't tell if I'm romanticising you, or this moment. The skies colours are warming my heart, similar to the way thinking about you does. I know it's cliche, but my brain has not shut up about you since you ran into me back at school. I was hoping, maybe, you'd accidentally run into me again. You didn't, so I must put matters into my own hands and ask you to come to The Quidditch World Cup with me. I wish to ask you this in person, but you are in London and I am an ocean away. The prospect of seeing you again as someone more than a fellow student is overwhelming in an unfamiliar degree, for I have never felt this way about anyone else.
           Cedric Diggory.

"Diggory?" Remus howled in response to the letter once he'd read it. "Cedric Diggory?"

Liv, after internally screaming for five minutes, had raced down the stairs at a concerning speed to show her father the letter almost immediately. He seemed to have read it over and over again, his eyebrows either creasing together in a frown or his mouth opening slightly wide whilst Liv pestered a verbal response from him.

"Yes, Cedirc!" Liv beamed, swaying on her feet excitedly - waiting for a better response from her Father who for some reason still look displeasured.

"The one who's about to be in sixth year?" Remus asked with a concerned tone, looking regretful in response to the question he'd asked himself.

"Yes!" Liv persisted with a light roll of her eyes. "You taught him, didn't you?"

"He's far too old," Remus stated, placing down the letter on the kitchen table they were about to eat at to continue to prepare for dinner.

"He's sixteen –" Liv tried to convince, but was quickly interrupted.

"Turning seventeen," Remus added loudly. "You're only thirteen!"

"Turning fourteen," Liv said proudly, raising an eyebrow. When Remus didn't respond positively, or agree in any sort, Liv groaned and slumped down into the chair beside her. "Who cares how old he is!"

"I care!" Remus said irritatedly. "And so should you, what do you have in common with a seventeen year old?"

"I have a lot in common with Freddie and George, they're the same age," Liv offered, but was quickly denied again.