33 | Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE girls just wanna have fun!
━━━━━━━━

SHORTLY AFTER the girl's departure, a light tapping at the kitchen window indicated that the morning owl was doing its rounds and was waiting patiently for a response from within the house. Remus noticed Liv's letters abandoned on the kitchen counter, and opened the window to let the bird hop inside. "I'm not sure why we don't have our own owl with the amount of letters she sends," Remus said to Sirius, tossing a galleon and a few sickles into the owl's money patch. "It costs me a fortune..." He flicked through the letters ready to tie them to the owls leg, pausing for a moment as a name scribbled on the last letter made his eyebrows crease.

Cedric Diggory.

Without a second thought, Remus ripped the letter from the envelope with as much force as a child opening their first present on Christmas morning - except without the excitement. Remus was anything but excited to see what was inside. He half-hoped he'd accidently rip the letter in half so there would be a good excuse for it not to be sent at all. But, sadly, the letter survived with no damage. Sirius, who hadn't moved from the table, laughed at the sight, "I thought you said you trusted her?" he recalled with a smile.

Remus shook his head. "Not for one second," He said flatly. "She's boy crazy, always has been,"

Sirius noticed Remus' sudden hesitation in unfolding the letter and reading its contents. "She's only thirteen," He offered. "Whatever's in there can't be that bad,"

Remus scoffed, raising an eyebrow. "May I remind you of the love letters you were receiving from girls at thirteen?" he responded.

Remus watched as Sirius' smile faded alarmingly fast, his mouth suddenly agape. "Open it," he nodded seriously.

As Remus unfolded the neatly written letter, Sirius appeared by his side like a real life devil on his shoulder, stirring him to do the wrong thing. Impatiently, the owl began to peck at Remus' fingers in annoyance, as if to tell him to hurry up. "Give me a minute," he snapped, and finally began to read.

Dear Cedric,                                                                          Thank you for the sweet letter, I keep smiling just thinking about it! I didn't think you'd still be thinking about me so long past running into each other, if i knew you would I'd had done it again. Regarding the world cup, I've been invited to go with the Weasley's, but I'm sure we'll cross paths (or knowing us bump into each other)                                                                    Liv.

"Unbelievable," Remus tutted, shaking his head. "I just wanted to thank him for the letter he sent me, that's all!" he said, mocking what his daughter had told him earlier. "I was right to not trust her," he added angrily, ripping the letter clean in two.

Sirius let out a gasp, clasping his hand to his mouth before it turned into a light chuckle. "Remus! You didn't!"

Remus wasn't listening, rather he was rummaging through a nearby draw for some spare parchment and a quill. Once located, he immediately began to scribble.

Cedric,
Thank you, but I'm going with the Weasley's.
Liv.

Ignoring Sirius's devious smile, Remus attached the last letter to the owls leg, watching it hop from the window and fly off "Don't tell her," he warned Sirius. "She'll kill me, and she'll kill you too for letting me do it,"

"My lips are sealed," Sirius said, bringing a finger to his mouth. "Who is this Cedric, anyway?"

"No idea!" Remus stressed. "Well, I know him, but I don't know what he's doing writing to a girl like Liv. She came bounding down the stairs yesterday, happy as ever to show me the letter she'd received from him. I've never seen anything so startling, it nearly gave me a heart attack,"