November, 1993

tw! sexual harassment!

IT WOULDN'T BE the last time Liv woke up, confused, hair knotted, head aching, on the gryffindor couch with her legs intwined with Padma's own. Padma, who was still asleep soundly, but mostly likely would feel the similar hungover effects as liv the moment she woke up, was finally a teenager.

"Padma..... Padma...." Liv began to smile as she shook her harder. "Padma, wake up!"

Padma let out a whine and rubbed at her eyes – squinting as she finally opened then. "wh- what's the matter?" she mumbled.

"Happy birthday," Liv smiled, pushing the stray hairs from out of Padma's face.

"I don't feel very happy," Padma frowned, rubbing at her aching head.

"Shut up," Liv said, tutting. "You'll be happy when you open your present,"

"You got me a present?"

"Obviously," Liv replied, pulling out the small present box she'd safely hidden behind a couch pillow the night before. "It's a special one too, here,"

Liv handed over the small, carefully wrapped gift Harry had helped her choose earlier that month. Padma gently pulled at the string that held it all together – lifting up the note that lay on top.

Happy Birthday Panda. I Love You...

She smiled at the note, and then to Liv who was smiling ever harder. "Liv," she sighed sweetly. "You didn't need too –"

"Just open it!" Liv pressured, shaking Padma's shoulders in annoyance – but mainly excitement, as if the present was for her. Padma unwrapped the bracelet and smiled in awe.

"I love it," she whispered finally. Liv smiled wider than one would think possible.

"You do?!"

"It's beautiful, really, Liv,"

"I knew you'd like it!" Liv squealed throwing her arms over Padma, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "See – a panda, for you, panda, get it?"

Padma chucked, snuggling into Liv's arm with a yawn. "I get it, it's cute,"

Though, suddenly, Padma lept from the couch and as far away as possible from Liv as the sudden echo of footsteps could be heard in the Gryffindor common room. She nervously looked around the room, trying to smile as unsuspiciously as possible at Dean who'd meandered down the staircase into the common room.

"Don't act all shy now," Dean called from the bottom of the stairs, pausing to yawn. "I haven't forgotten last night – shit! I don't think I'll ever be able to forget last night,"

Padma's face fell as if she was living out her darkest nightmare. Liv was shocked to see she was glaring at her. "What's he talking about?"

"He knows, don't you remember?" Liv said calmly, giving Padma a small, unconvincing smile through her confusion.

"Remember what?"

"You told him," Liv said quietly. "About us,"

"You let me tell him?" Padma hissed in a whisper despite Dean being stood right beside her. "You let me tell him!"

Liv couldn't help but let her mouth fall open. "I- I tried to stop you–"

"After everything I told you? After I said no one could ever know?" Padma continued, her voice raising more as she spoke. She pulled herself off the couch, refusing to look at Dean. "Do you not know what this means for me? It was supposed to be our secret!"