JUNE, 1994

THE NEXT MONTH flew by in no time, with very few exciting things to happen. No advances on Sirius. No more bumping into Cedric. Just the burden of school or upcoming exams, and now, today, the burden of the full moon.

In was a warm Sunday in June, Remus had been feeling unwell all week, and Liv had tried her best to spend every moment she could with him so he would be okay. Today, Remus decided to pass the time by catching up with some marking. Liv, on the other hand, decided to pass the time by ultimately getting in his way. She sat quietly on his knee, humming a light tune as she scribbled on a scrap piece of paper.

Liv soon fell bored, though, and decided to focus on the markings on Remus face and arms instead.

Liv liked to trace her fingers over the patterns of scars on his face and arms, it always seemed to calm her down. It was old habit she couldn't transpire from, and always in the same sequence; from the three lined slash across his eye, leading to his nose, the one down his neck, half hidden beneath the fabric of his shirt- and of course the one on his forearm, trailing down to the palm of his hands.

Remus didn't like people taking notice of his scars, as he would usually pretend they weren't there at all. Though, something about his daughter so delicatly touching them as the sun sillhueted against his skin made him realize he didn't really mind.

It was like calming mechanism for both of them.

"It's not that bad. I'll be okay," Remus tried to convince the young girl like every other month. He should have learnt by now it never worked.

"Your boggart is a full moon, I haven't forgotten," Liv spoke, stroking a finger over the scar on Remus' cheek as she whispered.

"I know,"

"I'm sorry,"

"It's not your fault,"

"It's a Saturday," Remus soon said firmly. "You should be out with your friends,"

"But i want to stay with you," Liv responded.

"No you don't,"

"Please don't make me go," Liv tried to plead, but Remus gave an exhausted look. An exhausted look that seemed to speak a thousand words.

"Don't argue, I don't have the energy," he said.

"I don't even know where they are," she sighed, looking out the large window that had a view of the vast green grounds. As if the castle wasn't big enough, the grounds made Hogwarts seem a thousand times bigger. Liv's friends could be anywhere, and she wasn't too bothered to go find them.

Remus, who always seemed to have an answer for everything, pulled open his desk draw and pulled out the Marauders Map, handing it to Liv.

"Search away," he said.

Liv rolled her eyes. "I thought this had been confiscated," she said, pulling open the large map. She hadn't a clue where to start looking - there were hundreds of names dotted along the illustration of Hogwarts.

Remus laughed. "That didn't stop you last time,"

"I can't believe you made this," Liv muttered. "You're such a nerd,"

Liv was pleased to soon find Harry, Hermione and Ron's names down at Hagrid's, for it had been a while since she'd seen her large friend. Joined with them, she noticed, was Peter Pettigrew. Liv quickly showed her Father, though there was nothing that could be done just yet - Remus had an answer for everything, just not this.

"Will you be okay?" Liv asked as she hopped down from his knee, passing the map back to Remus.

"I'll be fine like every other month," Remus replied.