November, 1993

Liv always contemplated the fact that people believed if you're beautiful, you've got everything going for you. This, of course, was not always true.

Liv was beautiful, easily the most beautiful girl in third year, perhaps she would be the most beautiful girl at Hogwarts when she got a bit older and her face matured. "You look just like you're mother," continuous witches and wizards would sigh when they laid eyes on her as a child – and Remus would usually pick her up and take her away from the witches and wizards saying such a thing to a small girl, because no six year old wanted to hear they looked like the mother they'd never got to meet.

Liv, for one, had no idea what her mother looked like. Similar to Liv would mean inches and inches of platinum blonde hair that reached down to your lower back, curling perfectly at the ends. Similar to Liv is unknowingly inheriting your fathers bright silver (with the slightest hint of blue) eyes – that would glisten anytime the sun hit. It was full lips that always had a prominent hint of red in them, teeth that would never need to see the ugly side of braces – which together, made Liv's smile one of everyone's favourite things. It was being, simply, beautiful.

So that's what Liv always imaged her mother to look like – her beautiful self.

But then Liv grew older. Like most, problems become more prominent in your life as you age. She learnt her mother was bad, she was one of his supporters – and rotting away in Azkaban for some unforgivable crime that seemed to be so bad Remus refused to breathe a word about. So, instead of seeing her mother as a bad person, she saw herself – because that's what people had always told her, right?  Yet how could someone so non-evil looking be so..... evil?

Liv thought she looked evil when her hair turned Black, it's why she hated it so much. It wasn't the fact she knew she had to experience tremendous upset to experience it, but the fact it reminded her of the mind of her mother. Dark. Sinister. Unrighteous. Often she wondered what she'd look like if her hair turned a different colour, for instance a simple brown, or red. Maybe then she'd still believe she was beautiful with it.

If only there hadn't been so much value placed on such a trivial thing.

And then there was her father.

Apparently he was very good looking too, charming even. Loyal to friends, disloyal to family – until it all went wrong, and they switched. But the poster plastered down on the Gryffindor table that Liv's peers were staring down at begged to differ.

There was little life to his face, deranged hair, sullen eyes. He looked like the blueprint of evil – and if it was true, if he'd betrayed Remus and was the reason all his friends were dead, there was no mistaking such evil in his manners.

SIRIUS BLACK BREAK IN AT HOGWARTS

She'd obviously already heard the news, but it seemed a million times worse now it was here infront of her face, and for the entire wizarding community to see. It was no longer Hogwarts little secret, but rather another thing to stress about while she was living this secret double life.

She imagined the uproar in the wizarding community if her mother, one of Voldemort's most loyal supporters, escaped Azkaban too. It could happen the stupid voice in her head kept reminding her. If Sirius did it, so can every other psycho in there. Would it be as bad? Was the crime she'd commited been worse than that of Sirius? What exactly did someone have to do to get life imprisonment in Azkaban?

She wouldn't talk to Harry or Hermione, that would be too risky – she needed to talk to someone clueless, someone stupid. Someone who, no matter how close Liv got to spilling the truth about her mother or father, would never catch on.