JULY, 1994

IT WAS HARD for Liv to get used to Hogwarts without her Father, but the continuous letters he sent made it feel like he wasn't that far away after all. Remus had let it be known to Liv that he was going to the ministry nearly everyday to argue Sirius' case and updated her in his letters, though it seemed Dumbledore was right, as any advances the werewolf tried to make were either denied or moved along very slowly.

Liv was very pleased, nonetheless.

She didn't know where Sirius was - no one did. Liv imagined he'd flown somewhere nice, far enough away that the ministry would never find him or buckbeak, and that had a good food source. Liv got hungry just thinking it about it.

Luckily Liv and Dean were heading down to breakfast. Remus' resign meant they got Friday morning's off, which seemed to be the only plus side of the whole event. However, this Friday was the last day of term before summer, which meant in no time at all Liv would be packing up her things ready for the arrival of the Hogwarts express.

They made it to breakfast just in time, having slept in rather late. A few students were scattered about the hall, similar to the few drabs of food left on the plates - Liv seemed to managed to grab the last piece of toast available in the entire hall. Those students that were present chatted about normally as if nothing was out of the ordinary. They hadn't known about Sirius or that nights events, and the shock of their Defense Against the Dark Art's teacher being a werewolf had died down rather quickly.

Liv picked up the large glass of bright liquid and tried to ignore the fact it would be the last time she'd pour herself her morning orange juice for two months. She buttered her toast delicately, ready to savor every last crumb.

Padma skipped into the great hall joyfully, looking far too happy on a sad day like today. She continued to skip all the way down the Gryffindor bench until she reached her two friends, before jumping down in the spare seat beside Liv.

"Happy ten month anniversary!" She chirped happily, handing Liv the small, pink frosted cupcake she had held steadily in her hand in the shape of a heart, decorated with colourful sprinkles.

"It's been ten months already?" Liv said, swollowing the orange jucie in her mouth before she managed to choke on it, accepting the sweet cupcake.

Padma nodded speedily, a large grin on her face. "You can thank the elves in the kitchen for that - or you can thank me, I don't mind!"

"I feel bad!" Liv said sheepishly. "I didn't get you anything,"

"Sure you did!" Padma grinned, snatching the toast from Liv's plate to take a bite. She swung her legs out from under the table and was soon skipping off out the great hall again. "See you later!"

"That was the last piece you bitch!" Liv called after her, but really didn't mind. Her dull breakfast was had been replaced with something much more joyful.

"You guys aren't still a secret, are you?" Dean said, sticking his finger into the frosting and sticking it into his mouth.

"It's what she wants," Liv said, giving him an evil look for touching her cupcake. "Do you have a pen?"

"Speaking of secrets," Dean responded. "I can't believe I'm only just finding out Professor Lupin's your Dad,"

"I'm good at keeping secrets," Liv shrugged, tapping around her pockets - they were all empty. "Do you have a pen?" She asked Dean.

"Didn't Lavender have a thing for him?" He said, beginning to rummage around in his own pockets, pulling out a pen when he located one.

"She did," Liv said flatly, flicking off the pen cap to scribble down on a napkin she'd found abandoned on the table. "Which is why that's going to be another secret,"