July, 1993

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!"

Remus hadn't been shouted at like that for years. The last time was probably back at Hogwarts, after the marauders got caught after some ridiculous prank- He's dropped his coffee in shock, and jumped up as quick as his aching limbs let him.

"Sorry?" Remus asked his daughter, who had the daily prophet clutched in a shaking hand, and tears flowing down her face.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

She was striding towards Remus now. God he looked tired- but Liv didn't care, and hit him in the ribs.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she wailed with another hit to his arm. "You bastard, you-"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Remus said quickly as Kaia pulled Liv away. She scrunched up the paper in her hand, she had an extensive urge to magically make it burst into flames- even if it got her expelled.

Instead she threw the ball of paper at Remus, where it landed softly infront of him.

Just 20 minutes before, Liv had skipped downstairs to find Kaia rubbing a wet rag along the new cuts on Remus' face. "You're bloody wizards," she had muttered, "is there not a spell so they heal without scarring?" The Beatles were playing softy in the background, and Liv gave her father a quick morning hug, and secretly stole a piece of his toast.

She began to make some tea, before a large barn owl began to annoyingly tap at the window with its beak. Liv pulled the window open with a huff, letting in warm air from the Summer; and of course the owl, which flew in and did a couple laps around the tree before landing on the table infront of Remus, waiting to be paid.

Liv never cared for the Daily Prophet, (Remus thought it was a nice way to stay in touch with the wizarding world) but today the headline was much larger- and the page was practically blank except for a large mugshot of a man.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS WIZARD?
APPROACH WITH EXTREME CAUTION. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE MAGIC AGAINST THIS MAN.

'Oh shit' Liv thought to herself, no one ever escaped from Azkaban. Was he one of Voldemort's supporters? Why was he in Azkaban? Why did he escape? Who was he?

She turned to the page which held all the answers, but found she no longer cared.

MASS MURDERER SIRIUS BLACK ESCAPES AZKABAN.

And that's when the magic happened. In sync with the tear slowly falling down her cheeks, a deep black began to run down Liv's platinum blond hair until certain locks were completely stained. It was as if someone was slowly pouring a  pot of dark paint over her head.

Remus hated whatever unexplainable dark magic it was that made her hair turn death black the moment Liv was overcome with deep sadness. The first night it had happened he'd spent all night researching for an answer. Nothing. He'd asked every great witch and wizard he knew, including Dumbledore himself, but still nothing.

"Well?" Liv now snapped at Remus, who hadn't moved since picking up the paper. "He's my father, isn't he?"

It was a stupid question, really. Liv's second name was plastered across the title. Remus didn't reply and continued to stare down at the paper in shock. Kaia walked over slowly- bringing one hand to her mouth, the other on Remus' shoulder. Kaia knew but Liv didn't?

"Remus....." Kaia said carefully, and he suddenly put the paper on the table with a bit of force.

"Yeah," Remus said very, very quietly. "Yeah he is,"