November, 1993

It had been a week since Snape's regretful defence against the darks arts class – which meant it had been over two weeks since the third years had been taught by Professor Lupin himself. They all eagerly waited outside his class, desperate to know if it was him or Snape behind the door, and desperate to tell him about the awful class they had been forced to attend.

So the moment it was Remus that opened the door to let the students pile in – the class was in uproar.

"We had to do an essay –"

" – On werewolves –"

" – We know nothing about werewolves – "

Remus hushed the class. Everybody fell silent.

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered werewolves yet?" He replied, remarkably calm compared to the class' outburt – he was frowning slightly.

Liv stayed quiet as the class babbled on once more, thinking off everyones essays that were now gone, for she'd destroyed them and nobody had a clue. She hoped she wouldn't be in too much shit if someone was too find out.

"He didn't listen –"

"He said we were behind – "

"Two rolls of parchment for you to mark!"

Remus, smiling at class' uproar again, said, "Sadly, I didn't receive your essays – so I guess that means you'll all receive full mark for your efforts,"

The class, who had all been frowning hard, began to lighten up as quickly as they had just been rambling to their Professor. "Seriously?" Dean piped up suddenly, a smile forming on his face in sync with Liv beside him.

"Seriously," Remus smiled too, and the class began to cheer.

"Let's get on with our class, shall we?" Remus asked over all the noise – the class scattered about the room to find their seats, the collective murmur of appreciation at the news still having not died down. Liv, continuing to smile to herself, settled down beside Dean. "I've never got a hundred percent in this class before," she said, shocked. "I'll have to burn our essay's more often," she added quietly to herself.

"Right?" Dean beamed. "I want to see Snape's stupid face when he hears about this,"

Making Snape's life a living hell (as Liv had planned to do after hearing what he thought her father was up too behind closed doors) was proving considerably harder than she'd imagined – especially considering she was a child and Snape was a grown man. But alas, an opportunity appeared right infront of her eyes and it was as if a light bulb suddenly flashed on in her mind.

I'm going to be the one to see his stupid face.

It probably wouldn't make his life a living hell, but it was the best she could currently do with so little opportunities to avenge the old man – and anything to do with Remus was sure to piss him off.

"Yeah," she began to smirk. "Yeah, me too,"

Remus pulled out a large glass tank – the class reacted to the cute creature sat in the box. "She looks harmless, doesn't she?" He asked the class. There was a murmur of agreement. This is a Hinkypunk, they lure travellers into bogs...."

Not even Remus could make a Defence Against the Dark Arts bearable for Liv - she could listen to him explain the function of whatever funky creature was sat sticking its slimy fingers up against the glass like a good girl, or she could lay her head on the table and drift off to the sweet world of silence and desolation.

The tables wood was cool against her cheek, so cool it would have been impossible to remove it due to the sweet pleasure, so she stayed put, and let her eyes slowly close.