Christmas, 1993

LIV AWOKE TO the sweet sound of Christmas morning (rain gushing against the dormitory window) and there wasn't much time between her sleepily opening her eyes and rushing up to her own dormitory to collect the presents she'd wrapped for her Father, and the ones she'd forgotten to send with the owls to her friends who'd gone home for the holidays. Oh well, they'd have to arrive late.

She was too excited to notice the boy she'd fallen asleep next to had disappeared, and when she went carelessly flying down the steps to the common room he'd repeated, and Liv had to come to a brief halt.

She suddenly remembered last nights events, and everything fell awkward once more.

"Hiya, Harry," she smiled. "Merry Christmas,"

"Yeah, Merry Christmas," Harry said, lunging forward towards the large Christmas tree to pick up a golden-paper wrapped present. "I think Mrs Weasley sent you a sweater, here. And - uh, these are from me,"

He passed her another, smaller present that fitted nicely in her small palm. "Oh, how lovely," Liv breathed. "I got you a present, it's nothing, really, just there - under the tree,"

She pointed to the record she'd previously bought Harry, carelessly wrapped compared to the presents she'd just received. Harry didn't seem to mind - or even notice, for that matter as she he beamed back up at Liv.

"You got me something?"

"Yeah, of course! You're my friend,"

"Thank you, really,"

"It's not a problem," Liv said, holding up the presents pilled in her arms. "I'm going to go send these, with the owls - you know? I'll see you for breakfast,"

She walked out the common room like any normal person would, carefully not to trip or drop anything while climbing through the portrait hole, before advancing into a sprint down the corridors, grinning from ear to ear.

Liv really loved Christmas.

In no time at all she'd reached her Fathers room, swinging open the door, breathless from the running - though she didn't stop until she got to his bedroom and laughed herself onto his bed.

"Dad! Dad! Daddy! Daaaaaaaad!" Liv yelled. Remus, who had once been peacefully sleeping, began to grumble.

"It's Christmas, wake up!" Liv continued, bouncing up and down on her knees. "Was it a full moon? Or are you just being lazy?" She noticed the book laying on the pillow beside Remus. "Oh, I see. You were up all night being a nerd,"

"I'm up, I'm up!" Remus stressed, sitting up and running a hand over his face. Liv squealed excitedly, grabbing the presents.

"Merry Christmas, Daddy, I got you something," She beamed, chucking herself into his arms

"Oh yeah? What?" He said, Liv chucked the presents up in the air for him to catch (he didn't) and picked them up off the bed instead.

"Open them and find out," Liv said. "I know you'll like them,"

Remus didn't open them, but instead continued to stare at the brown wrapping. "Who did you rob?" He said seriously.

Liv's brow creased as she let out a gasp of despair. "Why would you think that?" Liv had infact robbed somebody, but that was was a story for later. "I've been saving up!"

Remus sighed, followed by a smile."You shouldn't waste your money on me,"

"It's okay, books aren't that expensive," Liv said, rolling her eyes while simultaneously clasping her hands against her mouth with a gasp. "Oh no! I ruined the surprise,"