November, 1993

As a kid, your definition of true love is very simple. You want to find someone who wants to hear about all the little things that go on in your head, where no matter what happens, it will never been seen as wasted love. Or maybe, it's being in love with someone who is equally as in love with you – but not just in love, bestfriends who fit together perfectly like puzzle pieces. That's what Liv had imagined true love to be when she was little...

...and the last few weeks proved that Liv was right, her and Padma fit together like two puzzle pieces. It was perfect, as perfect as your first love at thirteen could get. She'd realised she'd fancied Padma almost the moment she'd first seen her - when she'd stared at the freckles on her cheeks for so long they seemed to have turned into hearts, but just never noticed it. Most of their interactions were small – especially in class, like when Padma would slip her hand into hers and Liv would have to look away because she just could not stop giggling. She also found herself getting more irritated at others relationships. When Lavender and what ever new boy she was with heads began bobbing together on the couch as they desperately made out Liv would storm from the room as far away as possible with Padma on her tail trying to convince that keeping their relationship secret was best.

Whatever that meant.

Parma's birthday was also coming up, exactly a week infact - and Liv still hadn't found the perfect present she'd hoped. The two month long detention her and Dean conveniently earned from Snape fell the day before, so Liv didn't need to sneak off from their trip to hogsmede to buy her a present as she had planned, for Padma wouldn't be there at all. Harry suggested the pair go to Hogsmede together. He was sick of Ron and Hermione's bickering over their pets and Liv more than happily obliged, it had been a while since just the two of them hung out and Liv got on with him better without Hermione and Ron being there anyway.

It was three weeks until the start of December and Liv spent that Saturday morning wondering what to wear on a chilly trip to hogsmede with a boy she'd recently found out was on the hunt to find her escapee father who was the reason his parents were dead. Yikes. She huffed at the lack of clothes in the old wooden draws infront of her and sliped on the black leather jacket she had practically fought Remus for when she was seven after Remus had decided to chuck out a load of old clothes; because, well, it was the coolest fucking thing she had ever laid her eyes on.

She had hoped that she'd grow into by the time she was a teenager – but it still fit very oversized, and Liv thought it was perfect that way. It had almost become a fashion statement between the Gryffindor's, and Liv found if she switched her hair up nobody seemed to notice she hadn't done the same for her outfit. So, she chucked her hair up into a bun on the top of her head, slipped on some converse and skipped down to the common room.

"Liiiivvvvvv," Padma called from where she was sprawled out on her favourite Gryffindor couch. "Walk with me to my last detention with Snape before I'm a free woman once and for all?"

"Sorry, Hogsmede date with Potter. I think you'll manage by yourself," Liv replied, pushing her legs off the couch (padma let out a groan) so she could sit down.

"It better be me on that date tomorrow," Padma responded, glaring at Liv sourly.

"Anything for you, Panda," Liv replied as she rolled her eyes, beginning to stroke at Padma's legs.

"Stop! That tickles," she squealed, squirming about so much she fell of the couch with a small thud.

"Where is Harry, anyway?" Liv asked the very empty room. "Harry?"

Her called echoed through the room, and she smiled as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Harry appeared – looking very glum, and slumped down on the sofa where Padma had been laying.