CHAPTER - 24

AUTHOR'S POV

After Onkar left, the other four friends reached a place which has an end point. They thought to return to home now as it became more darker.

"Guys, I think we should go back to home. It has been a long time since we started to walk I suppose", Dayita said as she felt very tired.

"Haan Dayu, even I feel tired let's go back and guys I forgot the way to go back. I hope you all remember the way", Wridhesh said scratching his neck awkwardly.

"I too forgot the way to go back", Dayita said sheepishly.

"Yaar, this place is full of many trees and all roads and places looks the same", Teerth said which indirectly meant that he also forgot the route.

"I remember the route to go back", Lopa said.

"You are a life saver", all the three said together.

"I too remember the route", Agastya said. They all got cheered up and started walking. After sometime, they reached a junction. Lopa said that they have to take right but Agastya said that they have to go in the left side. Lopa argued but at the end Agastya won the argument. So everyone went in the left side. That is where the problem began... They forgot to notice the warning board that was on the side of the road.

After few minutes they started walking, Lopa was walking by the rear end of the road and suddenly she slided down and shouted. She was fighting for her life at the edge of the valley. The left side of the road actually leads to the dead valley which is the suicide point of Shimla.

"Help... Help", Lopa shouted as much as she can.

Agastya asked Dayita to stay with Wridhesh and asked Teerth alone to follow him. Teerth and Agastya saw that Lopa was hanging at the end of the valley which is almost about to slip. Agastya asked Lopa to give her hand but she was frightened.

"Just give your one hand Lopa", Agastya pleaded but Lopa was so frightened to extend her hands.

"Noddy come on yaar, give your hands", Teerth also said but it is of no use.

By that time her hands slide more and she was in the verge to fell down, so they had to act really fast to save her.

"Lopa please... Trust me.... give me your hands", Agastya said by looking at the eyes of Lopa.

Some how she extended her hands. Teerth and Agastya pulled her in one pull without wasting any time.

"Don't pull any stunts like this", Teerth said looking at Lopa.

"It was fun though", Lopa laughed. They went and saw that Dayita was crying and making Wridhesh shirt wet. After seeing Lopa, she went and hugged her tightly.

"Thank god Lops you came, otherwise this girl would have wetted my shirt and made me die in cold in this weather", Wridhesh said and made everyone smile.

They returned back in the same way they went in. A person was crossing by. When Teerth asked him the route, he said that they have to take right side road to reach the destination. Everyone glared at Agastya as if they want to murder him.

By that time, they reached Onkar's home, it was 9.30pm. Onkar and Ekiya were getting every minute and were waiting for them in the front garden. Once Onkar saw Lopa, he went and hugged her. He also noticed some bruises that were in her hands and when he asked about it. They said to him what all happened on their way. Onkar started shouting at Agastya for his ego.

"Just because of your ego, you have risked all these people's life. If anything would have happened to Lopa, I would have killed you with my bare hands", Onkar shouted at him.