CHAPTER - 39

GUYS, 

KINDLY STAY SAFE. WEAR MASKS AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING. I PROMISED YOU ALL THAT I WILL UPDATE ON MONDAY... BUT I WAS SEEING A LOT OF NEGATIVITIES AROUND ME THIS WEEK... A LOT OF DEATHS TOO DUE TO CORONA... SO I REQUEST ALL MY READERS TO KINDLY STAY AT HOME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE... SORRY FOR THE DELAY... NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON MONDAY... LOVE YOU ALL... TAKE CARE OF YOUR LOVED ONES TOO

TEERTH'S POV

I know what I did was stupid but that is the only way to save Dayita. I know this truth when I was at my first year of my college. When I thought that I should stand strong to quit law and start my business education, after returning home I heard my parents voice. My mother was arguing to my father that he should let me study business as that's what I am more interested in. But he refused. That day my mother shouted at him stating "If he was your own child, then you would have not been doing this to him. Just because he is someone else's son you are doing this Rithik", she shouted. That time my dad composed himself.

"I know what I am doing. I want him to study law because I don't want any rapist to roam around this society freely. And my son will definitely fulfill my wish. He will fight the cases for the women who lost their dignity because of the monsters who are roaming around in the form of humans. He will clean this society with the power of law. Yes, he is not my son by blood. But he is my son by soul. I know what is good for him, you don't have to take me lesson Radha", he said in a firm tone. My mother didn't speak a single word after that. That day, changed my life. I studied law with full focus that is how I was able to get Gold medal. But after law, my dad himself said that when time comes, I can take up this profession and now I can just do business. Then I also got deviated. But what shocked me was when he was taking up the case against Dayita. I mean how can he do that! He is the same person who wanted me to fight for the women, now he himself is standing against that why?

My mother was crying her guts out. I thought to convince her when we heard a thud sound. We all turned and I was shocked to see that my dad held his chest tightly. DAMN IT, HE GOT AN HEART ATTACK!

"RITHIK", My mother shouted and went towards him. I immediately went near him. He was feeling difficult to breathe. I immediately took him with the help of Agastya out of the court where the media is ready to capture all the chaos that is happening but thanks to Onki, he managed all the media people somewhat. We all took dad to hospital immediately.

He was taken to ICU. Doctors started his treatment. Tubes were connected on his body. My heart beat started increasing. My mother was continuously sobbing.

"It is all because of me. I wish he should have married someone better than me, his life would have been better. All because of me", she was blaming herself.

"Mom, what are you saying? What is your fault in this? Then I should be the one to be blamed. I am the one who pulled Teerth into this. If I didn't ask him to be the lawyer, then all this wouldn't have happened", Avi started blaming her. Then, Dayita went towards my mother and started saying that she is the reason this is all happening and she will return back to Asuresh then it will all get over. And when she was about to bend down to apologize to my mother. My mom stopped me.

"What the hell are you doing Dayu? You are four months pregnant and in these times you can't bend like this. First, take care of yourself and child. If you ever plan to go back to the monster then I will lock you in a room", my mom shouted at her. This is the first time I have seen my mom shouting at someone. All these people are blaming themselves, but the actual person whom they should blame is me. I am the sole reason why my dad is in this condition.

"Mom", my voice trembled. Mom turned towards me and she had tears. I ran towards her like a kid and hugged her tightly.

"I am sorry. I am re... really sorry. I ... I am the reason.. why dad is like this... I never thought the situation will become this critical.... I am such a bad son who insulted his own mother in front of everyone... even god won't forgive me... I am sorry mom... I had no other choice... dad started bad mouthing Dayita that day in front of everyone... I just had no other choice...", my words came as hiccup in between due to my sobbing. I was crying my hearts out. The emotions which I have been with holding all these two days came out.

"Shhhh, calm down. What you did was never wrong", I looked at her shocked. I thought she will scold me, beat me saying that I am the reason my dad is fighting for life but here she is calmly saying that it is not wrong.

"Mom, I am the reason", before I can finish the sentence, she stopped me.

"Listen to me, it is not your fault, it is not because of you why your dad is in this situation. He himself was fighting many inner battles for the past few weeks that is the reason. I am not saying this to calm you or to take off your guilt. I am saying this with full conscience and this is the truth", my mom said and kissed my forehead.

"Mom, the way I questioned you, I am sorry for that", I bent my head down.

"You should never bow your head down when you are right. Sometimes, we have to hurt our closed ones to stand up for what is right. I am proud of you Teerth more than when you were born, more than the day you got gold medal, more than when you got success in business, today I am happy that my son is fighting for women who were tortured by a monster. He is fighting against a monster who is being venom to this society. I am always proud of you even your dad is", she said and I saw how much she loves me.

We both sat down. The treatment is going on fully fledged. After sometime, my mom asked Dayu, Eki, Noddy and Avi to have their lunch. Especially Dayu and Noddy as they are pregnant. Without saying no to her they left as they know it is not good for them and mom won't them stay further if they don't have food. After having their lunch they came back. Dayu placed her head in Wridhi's shoulder and Noddy placed her head in Agastya's.

After sometime, doctor came out of ICU.

"Doctor, how is he?", I asked him immediately.

"Relax Teerth, it was just a mild attack. I think he didn't sleep or eat for few days. He needs complete rest. Make sure to get him enough rest. I will give him a diet chart which he has to follow. You all can go and see him after 30 minutes. He will be alright", doctor said and left.

After 30 minutes, we all went inside. I sat next to my dad. I started crying. He slowly opened his eyes and took away his breathing mask.

"You know how much we got scared", my mother said.

"Oh please! You should be happy that you will get rid of this angry man", my dad joked in a bad timing. My mother started crying.

"Radha don't be a cry baby", dad said in a lower voice.

"Dad", I whispered but it was enough to be heard to him.

"Why did you do this dad? Why are you fighting this case when you know how Asuresh is? You are the same person who wanted me to study law because you want me to fight for those women who are being molested by monsters. Today the same person is standing for a monster. Why?", I asked him with so many emotions in my eyes.

The answer he said shook all of us to death.....

TO KNOW MORE, KEEP READING...

DO VOTE, WITHOUT FAIL... COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ABOUT IT... READ MY NEW STORY "ANGEL OR DEMON" IF YOU HAVEN'T READ... ADD MY STORIES TO YOUR READING LIST... FOLLOW ME FOR REGULAR UPDATES...

I PROMISE YOU ALL THAT I WILL GIVE REGULAR UPDATES FROM NOW ON... WHO KNOWS TOMORROW ALSO I MAY GIVE SURPRISE UPDATE...

ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN MAKING COVERS FOR ANY OF MY STORIES, YOU ALL ARE WELCOME AND SEND IT TO ME IN MY INSTAGRAM  PAGE WHICH IS IN MY BIO...

BUT FOR THAT I WANT YOU ALL TO VOTE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND MOTIVATE ME...

LOVE YOU ALL...

TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH EVERYONE...