CHAPTER - 18

YADAVI'S POV

I actually thought that Asuresh changed, that is the reason why he started NGOs for women so that he can repay for all the misdeeds he did in his past. But "NO", humans can only change not the demons. Asuresh is more than a demon, even Ravan is nothing in front of him. With a great political background to support and also having business of his family that has been spread world wide is an additional bonus to him. How can I forget what he did to me?

I saw him on my wedding, I thought he forgot me that was the reason he didn't speak to me but today that prick proved that it was all wrong. He remember who I am very well. I never said to these people how I know Asuresh, because I know he was married to Dayita. If I tell my past with Asuresh then it would have created problem in Dayita's marriage life or they would have thought that I am lying to make Dayita's life hell because she was Teerth's ex. That is the only reason why I have hidden it from everyone so far. But when Onkar asked me whether I know Asuresh already, I know today is the day I have to break all the truth to them.

"Yea I know. He is my best friend's murderer.", I stopped composing myself.

"WHAT?", everyone in the room shouted almost.

"Your friend Anahitha. You said she committed suicide right?", Lopa asked me. She is the only one who knows about Anahitha's existence in the whole group. But to her too I didn't tell the whole story.

"Yup, my best friend Anahitha, my Ana. And you are right Lopa, she committed suicide but Asuresh is the reason behind it", without my knowledge tears started to fell from my eyes.

"If you don't want to say, it is fine Avi. We understand. You can say whenever you feel comfortable about it", Teerth said.

"No Teerth. I will tell everything today. Even I want to keep all the burden out that I am carrying all these years with me to someone so that I can get some peace. You all, are the only people in my life now. You all have all rights to know about me", I composed myself to tell the other part of my story which nobody knows.

I drank some water from glass and started to narrate the bitter past of my life which should never happen to any girl.

"You all may not know about my friend Anahita except Lopa because I have never spoken about her. She is the one who made me smile for real as well she is the one who showed me pain for real too. As you all know, after my birth my mother passed away. After that my dad married my step mother and she is a witch who just wanted to ruin my life. My dad never cared once for me. I had everything in my house, TV, AC, Fridge and even the people in my house where also like these electronic things only. They will exist but they won't show any emotions. My dad was always busy in business and my step mother was always busy in parties and clubs.

The love and care which I longed for was given by only one person in my life. She was my Anahitha. I know Ana from kindergarten. She was an angel in disguise. She shares her snacks, lunch everything with me. She was my partner in crime too. There was not even one day I was without her, even during weekends, I used to visit her home. But she was not from a high class family. She was from a middle class family only. But I got immense love from her family which I couldn't get in my mansion. Her parents loved me equally like they loved her. They used to get me gifts on Diwali, Christmas, for my birthdays too. I still remember how I used to cut the cake every year on her house. All my dad did for me is transfer money and my step mother used to get me a designer frock. They don't know even know what grades I was getting in school.

This is how it went till our final higher secondary year. After our board exams, Ana and I have planned to join fashion technology together. Once our board exams got over, I got news that my maternal grandfather has passed away. So I went to my mother's birth place for his last rites for a week. If I know that one week would take my Ana's life then I would have never went there.