CHAPTER - 30

LOPA'S POV

I was lying on Agu's chest after our intense love making. He was caressing my hair gently. This is the right time to confess my love for him. I will tell him now how I feel about him. Whatever maybe his reaction I will accept it.

"Agu, I want to say something to you", my voice came out as a mere whisper.

"Tell me... Shall we go for another round", he said and kissed my forehead. I smacked him on his shoulder playfully.

I raised my head and looked at him. Before I start saying something, my phone rang. I took my phone and it had Dayu's name showed up. Why will Dayu call me at this time?

"Hello", I started speaking.

"Lop... Lopa... Wridhi.. Wridhi is in ICU. Please come to hospital now.", Dayu said and it was clearly evident that she was totally devastated and crying.

"How is he now?", I asked her.

"I don't know doctor is saying many things. Please come, I called Ekiya and Onki too just now. I am scared", she said and cried loudly.

"Dayu, please be calm. We both will come in few minutes", I told but I don't know when tears started flowing out from my eyes.

"Lopa, what happened? Why are you crying?", Agu asked me.

"Agu, come we have to go to hospital now. Wridhi is admitted in ICU. Dayu is alone", I started blabbering.

"Lopa, first calm yourself. We both will leave now. Go and change your dress. I will go to dad and tell him about the situation. Adhu may stay with him", saying this he left.

After 20 minutes we reached hospital. We went to the ICU floor. Dayu was sitting there and crying there like a nomad.

"Dayu", I called her and she came and hugged me tightly. At the same time I noticed Onki and Ekiya too entered the floor.

"Dayu, what happened?", Ekiya asked her. Onki went and bought water for her.

We made her sit and asked her to drink some water. She refused at first, then eventually she drank. Then she started narrating how this tragedy happened.

"All because of me. Wridhi is in this state because of me. I should have not left with him, I shouldn't have stayed in his home, I shouldn't have came back to you. Because of me, all of you are facing problems.", she started to blame herself.

"Dayu, please calm down. It is not good for you as well as your baby", Ekiya patted her head.

"Then what should I do Eki? You know who did this to Wridhi. It was by the goons sent by Asuresh. We were traveling in the car, then we spotted some bikes which were standing in the middle of the road. Wridhi got down to clear it. Then nearly ten to twenty goons came and started beating him mercilessly. I begged to them, I even fell on their legs to leave him, but they behaved like it was falling on deaf ears. One of the goons started misbehaving with me, Wridhi came and pushed him and started to beat him but all the goons again attacked him. They said at last that this will happen to all my friends whoever tries to help me and Asuresh called one of the goons. They gave the phone to me. Asuresh added that if I want to make my friends suffer then I can fight the case against him otherwise he asked me to withdraw the case", Dayu said and hugged me and Eki again.

"That bastard, how dare he? I am going to call Commissioner and report this.", Agu said.

"No use Agu, everyone knows about Asuresh. They will never help us", Dayu said sobbing.

"So, we have to be quiet for what all he has done to Wridhi. My best friend is fighting here for his life because of that dumbass. I will kill him with my bare hands if I see him", Onki roared. Wridhi is his best friend and also being the only bachelors of the group they have become quite close with each other in these years. Moreover, Wridhi is very sensitive. He can't see or tolerate a single drop of blood. Today, he is in the ICU, in pool of blood flowing out of his body.

"Did you inform to his parents?", Eki asked her.

"No, actually aunty and uncle are out of town. I don't want to give them tension. I am praying that he will be alright. Also, I didn't inform Teerth and Avi. I don't want to ruin their anniversary celebration.", Dayu said.

She is really sensible. Even in this situation, she thought about everyone. I wish atleast now she gets someone who loves her for what she is. I started consoling her. We all noticed that doctor came out.

"Are you all here for Mr. Wridhesh?", the doctor asked looking at us.

"Yes, doctor how is he?", Onki asked him.

"He had lost a lot of blood. And his blood group is O-ve. We need three units of blood but we have only two units in our blood bank. Can you arrange for another one unit?", he asked us.

"I will give the one unit blood doctor. My blood group is also O-ve only.", Ekiya said.

"Ok, then you can give the blood for him", the doctor said and Ekiya went inside to give blood to Wridhi.

We were waiting in the veranda of the floor. Ekiya came out after giving the blood.

"Thank you so much Eki. If you are not there, then I don't know what would have been Wridhi's condition. I would have never forgiven myself", Dayu said and hugged Eki.

"Oh my new mom, be quiet. Stop saying thank you. He is my friend too", Eki said.

"Thank you so much Eki", Agu said and side hugged her.

"Eki, thank you", I also said and hugged her.

We all looked at Onki. He came near us.

"Thank you so much, whatever you did today for Wridhi is something which I will never forget", saying this he hugged her tightly.

"Waah! I think today cyclone will come. Onkar is praising Ekiya. Am I dreaming or what?", Dayu mocked Onkar.

"You can mock me as much as you want. Because after your call, I got broken in the road itself. It was Ekiya who consoled me and made me to drive the car and reach here", Onkar said.

The doctor came out. We got impatient to hear about Wridhi's health.

"I thought he will take time to respond to medicine but really all your prayers were heard by god. He is fine now. He asked about his wife Dayita and baby after he opened his eyes.", the doctor said.

"WIFE?", We all shouted.

"She is his wife right. I mean the way she was crying and the guy also opened his eyes and asked about her and the baby only. I think she is pregnant too. The way he cared for her and the baby. The care I saw in his eyes while he asked about her and the baby made me feel that she is his wife. Anyways, you all can meet him after an hour or so. It is already 6 am in the morning. If you want you all can go fresh up and come back then you can go and visit him too", the doctor said.

"I think that is a good idea. We all will go now to our house and then fresh up. We will visit him after some time.", Agu said.

"I will stay here itself with Wridhi", Dayu said. I can see the concern for him in her eyes.

"Let her stay here. I will bring the clothes and breakfast for you", Ekiya said.

"Can you stay alone or you need someone else also to accompany you?", Onkar asked her.

"I can manage. I am happy that atleast Teerth and Avi were happy yesterday night unlike us", Dayu said.

AUTHOR'S POV

They went to their homes thinking that Avi and Teerth were happy but they don't know the hurricane what attacked them last night...

TO KNOW MORE, KEEP READING...

COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ON THIS CHAPTER... KINDLY VOTE WITHOUT FAIL...

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK...

BONUS CHAPTER OF "THE IMPERISHABLE CURSE" WILL ALSO BE UPDATED ON NEXT SUNDAY...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!