𝟑𝟔

I been trying to figure out

Where you from? What are you talking about?

Is it the moon? Is it Earth?

Is it a place where nothing is worth?

Where are you? -Elvid Drew

____

"Stop being a big baby" I laughed smoothing the wash cloth so lightly and smoothly I was almost ghosting his skin with only the bubbles of the soap. I was trying the best not to make him hiss more in pain when I washed his back.

But now Mr. Dramatic was saying ow with every touch or gesture I do with a large smirk on his face.

We were currently in his shower, a tub would have been perfect but he didn't own one, so he was sat down on a stool as I washed the blood that still poored out from a few places. It pained me to the bruises up close, I couldn't believe that people Harry trusted did this to him and he finds it perfectly fine.

"I'm hurt Charlie" He faked a pout pulling at the end of my shirt trying to hoist it up, his mood clearly shifting to a better one from when I saw him.

"If you don't sit like a good boy, you'll get more from me" I threatened as he quivered an eyebrow up raising his hands along before wincing, I almost smacked him for forgetting he was hurt. I was pretty sure he has a bruised rib or two, I've seen a lot in my life, a few from me and more from Jason.

His were broken ribs and bones but I could tell the difference by the shade of the bruise, something a young kid shouldn't have figured out so fast.

I was leaving his face for last cleaning just the superficial bruises and blood that scattered his body before tending the more deeper ones on his face, I could see that Mitch attempted to help with long trail of stitches going from his hair line to his scalp matching the one I had. I finished cleaning the blood from his chest finally seeing all his tattoos that covered his chest and ribs but some were still hard to see with the harsh bruising.

My hand dunked into the bowl of warm water that was a vibrant red color, my eyes froze at the sight of my own fingers how their color mated the water but it was more darker and stomach crunching. My fingers were the darkest shade of red somehow not being washed away with water, I closed my eyes for a second trying to repress some memories that tried to surface.

I didn't have time for my bullshit, Harry is what mattered right now.

"Why?" Harry asked as I held his chin upwards letting his eyes meet mine as I washed his jaw line from the blood being cautious of the cut along it.

I frowned at his question not understanding as I stopped for a second looking at his light green eyes who swam with anger and agony but for what reason, the washcloth continued to graze his skin as I gave him a odd look with a small smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Why are you still here" I froze again diverting my eyes from his trying my best not to seem uncomfortable with that question. "With everything that happened, with the people trying to hurt you and me, why?"

I thought I had my intentions to him clear that was just something out of the reason on why I was him, I guess normal people would have left already seeing all of this I already had this talk in my head multiple times. But I could see it was the most insecure part of him, the part I'd leave him because of everything.

And he should be, he had the right. Any sane person would have left but who said I was ever sane.

I could see that it was the same feeling I had when I questioned his affection for me when my grandmother said she tried to pay him off, it wasn't something you could give up on so quickly it was risk you're willing to do.