𝟐𝟒

Pretty woman, walking down the street

Pretty woman, the kind I'd like to meet

Pretty woman, I don't believe you
You're not the truth

Oh, pretty woman -Roy Orbison and The Candymen

"Middle of the day?" Mitch raised his eyebrows as I crossed my arms leaning on the car

"Boss wants what he wants. You know what he'll do if I say no" I snarled annoyed that he cut my time with Charlie short, not to mention she heard the call. Probably just the tone of his voice but she heard him.
"It's in and out, easy job"

"Is the house empty or are we going to have an accidental drowing?" He asked pulling black skin tight leather gloves on his hands.

"Depends on if Jack gets here with the info on time" I rolled my eyes at his poor sense of telling time but then again he isn't that good at reading what time it is.

I have to help him with that, or someone is gonna be murdered off track again.

That's besides what we're here today.

I really wanted to stay back with Charlie, lie that I was doing my job but of course they would catch on. I still was amazed they hadn't gotten suspicious how lose I became to her.

Then again. Every lays with her.

And that bugged me, it truly bothered me that everything slowly linked to her directly or her family. I wanted to know why, I wanted to ask her why everything was being associated with her.

But how can I?

I could ask her those thing without actually telling her how I knew those things. Or who I was for that matter. She'd hate me if she found out.

I could see in her eyes the curiosity that it carried about a few things I've said but she never asked or gotten a straight answer from me. Not like she hasn't done the same, dodge a few question that I asked.

Especially if it was about the person that she seemed conflicted about, I could never tell if she loved them or hated them. It was an in between.

"I'm sorry I'm late" Jack pulled up in his car with the usual wide smile. I glanced at my watch, he was 20 minutes late.
"I couldn't find something to wear"

"Jack, you sure you wanna wear that" Mitch asked pointing to his black skirt that matched his black tee, he also wore a black and red stripped long shirt underneath.