𝟒𝟓

Welcome to your life
There's no turning back

Even while we sleep
We will find you
Acting on your best behaviour
Turn your back on mother nature

Everybody wants to rule the world- lorde

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"No"

"Then let's leave this for another day Charlie...don't push yourself" I sighed looking at the dark brown door as I talked to myself. I felt like I was going crazy but well- not that my biggest problem right now

I bite my lip "I can't wait anymore, they can't wait anymore" I told myself not even letting my brain fizzle out by overthinking or even try to make me anxious about heading inside. I unlocked the door already heading inside the apartment, it's been almost 3 months that I haven't stepped inside here or even come near the apartment complex.

I was to afraid too.

It hasn't changed one bit, all the boring decore where in the same place letting the room seem lifeless without a soul living here as if there weren't a family here; which was true. Jason has been living with someone he doesn't want to tell me, Percy is back home and well I had left, my fingers touched the wooden tables filled with pictures of famous people grandmother has met.

Stopping when I saw our old family picture making me faintly smile, it was taken when I was 10 or older yet I was curious since I don't even remember taking this when though I seemed happy showing all my missing teeth to the camera. We seemed perfect on the outside.

A loud huff made me snap my head towards the sound seeing two dark shadows slowly coming towards the light, their yellow large eyes staring at me with focused eyes not reconizing me. I laughed taking my hood off as their ears perked up finally realising the stranger in the house was.

"My babies, come here bubba" I kneeled down ignoring the dangers of letting two large dogs tackle me to the floor, Koda was the first to butt his head on my head as he whined and cried while Angie just grumbled in the background wary of me, confused on my sudden departure then appearance in the house.

"Come here beautiful" I looked over to her extending my hand out as she slowly tapped her paws towards him, her eyes looking at me in a cautious way as she sniffed the air around me trying to confirm it's me "Lemme kiss that big head of yours dummy"I didn't let her take her time as he planted a kiss to her nose making her ears jump up in surprise, as I was shocked she didn't bite me in fear of my sudden movement but instead literally headbutt me full force before opening a large grin towards me.

Like I said before, they look scary but could never hurt a fly.

I let them get their excited butts calmed before I decided to explore the house to see if someone was home but not even the maids where here, Koda didn't leave my side as I followed my way to my room just ignoring the sinking feeling even though there was nothing wrong with anything in the house. Maybe it was what I came here for, the why I forced myself to come to this house.

I twisted the nob of the door "Hey-"

I was going to protest on Koda opening the door with his body as he entered the room with a growl but as the door slowly opened itself the sinking feeling came harder.

It was all to pieces.

My room, destroyed to the very bits everything I had decorated on the walls to even the mess on the floor- all of it teared or broken. Picture frames were shattered on the floor along with wripped pages of notes I took when I was younger, my jaw slacked open as I looked at my bed seeing the bedsheets and matress cut open as it's filling where all over the place. I just stood in the room trying to figure out who could have done this knowing my grandmother would have preserved my room hoping I would be back to stay in it.