𝟓𝟖

It's funny 'cause I've always dreamed of me and you
Now here we are
Staring at the stars
You just broke my heart
Even though you promised you'd never do that from the start
But I guess we can only make it so far

see you later- jenna raine

3rd person POV

2003

"TASHA! Tasha, look what I made today at school" The little girl with a wide smile ran along the marble flooring, her little shoes causing an echo long her way causing June to smile as the girl passed her.

The woman with copper hair loved to see a smile on the child's face even, it warmed her heart. But she was just someone in Charlie's way today, all the little girl wanted was to see her favorite person. June never seen the girl smile so big when the other was here, it was curious to say the least, her blue eyes followed the girl seeing a much older one at the doors of the garden.

Her usual bored look was replaced with a small smile as she waited for the little girl, Natasha would stop by now and then to see the girl but wouldn't stay long though. Not everyone in the house had the same excitement as the small girl when Natasha came to visit, the Brights would never say it out loud or ever but they really didn't favor the girl.

Natasha was different from the teens in her days, not really moody or rebellious, she was straight up cruel. They never really understood the extend of her personality since they met her with the same bored and void filled expression she wore everyday.

"What is it darling? Got a gold star like last time" She scuffed sarcastically with the same small smile, the mocking tone went over the child's head who was to young to even get it.

The girl just giggle breathing loudly as she collided with Natasha's legs hugging them as tightly as she could like Charlie would always do. The older girl would just crease the delicate hair for a few seconds before patting it signaling for her to detach.

Affection wasn't something Natasha liked but it was what the young girl craved, so she would offer it in bits.

Charlie pushed her bangs out of her face lifting the paper up for grabs "I drew us! Just like I said I was, Miss Jenson said it was beautiful too"

A hum passed Natasha's lips grabbing the picture walking towards the bench in the garden taking her time to look at it, a snort passed her lips seeing that the child drew a big happy family which included her. It was both of them holding hands in the middle while Jason and Nat were beside each of them, all of them with big bright smiles.

"Still dreaming about that family darling? What did I say to you before, I'm all you need"  The small girl pouted with a nod knowing it was true, since Natasha said everyone would just hurt her in the end expect her -that they'd be together forever "Then why do you keep drawing this"

"Cause everyone has a family....mommy doesn't look at me most of the time and daddy- he scares me now. And Miss Jenson said we could draw a picture of what we wanted when we grow up, I want us to be a family like the one's on TV"

Charlie was torn to know what truth about having a family was about, the shows she'd watch would have parents that loved and adored their kids with big happy smiles and kisses but why when she tried to have that in her own house it never worked. The girl traced the bruise her father gave her the day before just simply for being in his way, she thought that was his way of showing his love.