Let Go / Eva Cudmore

I was sitting on the couch in the NACH, just talking with others but I couldn't get my eyes off of Eva.

Eva's my girlfriend and we are together for almost five months now. I saw her getting closer to Connor this past week, I can see that she's enjoying his company I think even more than mine. He makes her laugh, she's happy with him. She looks at him the same way as she was looking at me when we fell in love.

Also lately she has been acting weird towards me, she's more, annoyed? by me. As if, she practically avoids talking to me and just hang out with Connor instead. I know she fell for him, even people who don't know her can see it. It hurts so much but I'm okay with that, I love her and I'd do anything to make her happy and if I have to let her go, I will. I can't just keep her when she doesn't want to be with me.

I saw her and him on the outside, they were very close to each other, I don't want to interrupt them but I have to talk to her. I stand up and went there.

"Hey Eva can we talk?" I asked gaining her attention, trying to smile.

"I can't now" She snarled and turned back to the conversation they had.

"Eva, I'm not trying to start some kind of fight between us I just want to talk. It's really important" She sighned and stand up, we went back inside and stand close to the couch, that was also close to the big glass doors.

"Yes?" she said and crossed her arms on her chest, you see? Like I said she's annoyed just by my existence.

"I know it'll kind of sound weird but I think you should try things with Connor" she looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about Y/n?" she asked and let her hands fall down. People sitting around, now trying to sneakily listen to our conversation.

"I can see you like him Eva, you look at him just like you looked at me at the times. He makes you happy and all I want for you is that" I was explaining everything calmingly to her.

"It's not true"

"You know it is butterfly. You hang out with him a lot, even more than with me, you're being touchy and flirty. Plus you're being annoyed when I'm with you, you're cold towards me and if you don't like him tell me why are you avoiding talking to me?" I asked, she looked down not saying anything. "You can tell me Eva, I won't get mad, I love you" I said with a smile, she looked into my eyes as hers filled with tears.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I like him, I like him a lot. I'm so fucking sorry" she said and the tears started falling from her eyes. I grabbed her hands and caressed them.

"Don't be, It's okay I understand" I hugged her and rubbed her back for a moment. She hugged back, then we pulled away.

"It's not okay, I'm breaking your heart" she cried, her voice cracking at every word.

"Yes, but you look happier, you do" I said and put a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I knew one day you'd fall for someone new" I smiled sadly at her. "But if he breaks your heart like lovers do. Just know that I'll be waiting here for you, to comfort you" I said, I cupped her cheeks in my hands and place a kiss on her forehead. "I love you and I always will, and now go. Be happy." she smiled trough tears and hugged me once more.

"Thank you for understanding Y/n, I love you too" with one final hug she smiled sadly and returned to Connor. I looked at my shoes and sighn loudly. I looked up and everyone else were looking at me, some of them wiping their tears.

"Wow, it was...wow Y/n" Anna said, she wiped the tears with her hoodie sleeve and stand up to hug me, that's what I wanted, what I needed now - a boon hug. "I want a girlfriend like you" I chuckled and hug her back. She kissed my cheek and smiled.

"Yeah" I mumbled and we pulled away. "One day" I smiled at her back.

"You okay?" Sab asked.

"Could've been better" I grabbed my phone and my keys. "Who's going with me to ice cream shop?" I asked and Karina perked up from her seat, beside her stood Anna and Katie.

"Ice cream on a heartbreak!" Katie yelled and run outside.

I chuckled at her childliness. I shot one last look at Eva and we locked eyes. She smiled and I smiled back, I mouthed 'I love you' she mouthed it back and went back to conversation with Connor.

.
.
.

"Hey everyone, I and Connor wanted to announce something" Eva said when she gathered everyone in one room. All eyes glued at them. "We are-" she started but got cut off by him.

"Dating" Connor said and shot me a winning glare. Everyone got quiet and looked at me, waiting at my reaction. I was just staring blankly at the floor trying to stop tears from falling down my face.

"Are you okay?" Anna whispered and grabbed my hand, she was there for me through that heart break and I'm so thankful for her.

I smiled sadly and nodded. I looked up at Eva and Connor, I stand up and came closer to them. Eva was looking with a rather sad face at me.

"Congratulations" I said and she immediately smiled, I pulled her in a hug and she hugged back. "I am happy for you butterfly"

"Thank you" she said and I smiled with a nod.

"Congratulations Connor, you have the best girl in the world, break her heart and I'll break you" I said and fake smiled at him, he looked at me scared. After that everyone started congratulating them, I just sit back on the couch. Anna laid her head on my shoulder and grabbed my hand again, she started playing with my rings and I let out a quiet chuckle.

Sometimes you just gon' have to let this shit go, like Ariana Grande said.