Alive pt. 2 / Eva Cudmore

Y/n's pov

"Mom, Dad" I said as I walked in the living room.

"Yes sweetheart?" My dad asked and put his newspaper down.

"I need to tell you something. It's umm, really important for me"

"We're listening" My mom said with a smile.

"So you know my, my...uh, best friend-"

"Eva?"

"Yes, yes Eva" I said nervously. "So uh, we are, we are actually dating-"

"It's just a phase honey" My mom said like it was nothing, but I could see my dad fumming with anger.

"Mom it's not a phase, we are together four months already and I'm not planning on breaking up with her"

"I'm not supporting it" My dad said as he stand up from his chair. His voice like a low growl.

"Uh w-what?"

"You heard good, we're not supporting that" My mom said gesturing her hands.

"But-"

"No! I will not have a gay daughter! You'll get help and eventually you'll get better!" He yelled at me.

"It's not a choice dad!" I yelled at him. "Eva makes me hap-" I got cut off by a slap in the face from my mom. The tears flooded in my eyes.

"Go pack your things we're moving away"

"I'm not moving. I'm staying here, with Eva and my friends"

"YES YOU ARE!" My father yelled and throw a vase at me almost hitting my head. I looked at him shocked and without even thinking I ran out of the house. I get in my car a drove away. In the rear mirror I could see him standing on the street and yelling at me till I disappeared from his eyesight.

I tried to drive as fast as I could to get to jah but it was a little bit difficult with blurry eyes. I tried to overtake the car in front of me and I guess I didn't see another car coming from the other side. All I remembered was a loud crash...

.
.
.

I woke up in the hospital the white light hurting my eyes. The first thing I spotted was a cast on my left hand and a lot of little cables that connected me with different medical machines. I've waited couple minutes till three figures walked in the room. I kept my eyes closed to listen what they are saying.

"It was really serious accident. It's a blessing that yours daughter didn't get any dangerous injuries beside a broken leg and couple bruises"

"How long does she have to be here?" My mom asked.

"We can let her go now if you insist" The doctor said.

"Excellent" My dad said, I could hear the smirk in his voice

End of the flashback

"They told us you died in that accident" Eva bimed in, as I was carefully playing with her hair.

We are laying together on her bed. Eva on my chest with her hands wrapped tight around me, scared that she might loose me again if she'll let go. "Your mom was crying and all"

"Son of a bitch" I muttered.

"What happened after? After you walked out of the hospital?"

"They forced me to fly here, to Canada" I said as the tears slowly fall out of my eyes. "They were abusing me, both mentally and physically. They were beating me everyday saying that, 'This is their way for me to become normal'. And they were saying that anomalies like me shouldn't walko on this earth" I said and my voice cracked, I sniffled and she changed our position. Instead of laying on my chest she laid on the pillows and bring me close to her chest, embracing me in tight hug. "After all that, they were asking me if I still feel the same way, and when I answered them truthfully they kept doing it Eva" I said and broke into her arms.