Anticlimatic

"There's no way this is plausible." You deadpan.

"Do you have any better ideas?" Keqing asks you.

The four of you were crouched down behind a large pile of cinderblocks. Each of you barely just poking your heads over to take a peek at the old warehouses. The moonlight with a few broken-down street lights were the only sources of light for blocks.

"No...." You finally accept.

"This is one of the few places we stayed at when we first came to town. Most of the hideouts were already cleared out by devils but this was one of the few that stayed hidden." Mittelt explains to you. "It makes sense."

"Yeah but what if he expects us to check it because he knows it's one of the few places that hasn't been checked? What if he was just chilling in some random apartment in plain sight?" You had to ask.

Both Mittelt and Keqing just give you a deadpan stare, not really believing that idea. Asia just continued to just look for any sign of life while this was happening.

"Oh please. That's what I would do." You say with annoyance.

"Unlike fallen angels or devils, Freed is still human. He won't have a way to know if we are coming unless he has wards already made or has grunts doing scout work for him." Keqing explains.

"And we have the advantage." Mittelt also adds in. "If he's collecting holy swords, we'll get a feeling for it since we're devils."

"....What kind of feeling?" You had to ask for clarification.

"The same one when a fallen angel is around. That eerie chill down your back." Mittelt explains.

"I get that whenever I'm in school already." You cut in.

Mittelt lightly smacks you against the back of your head for that little snarky smartass comment. You kinda deserved that. But still. It wasn't exactly something specific to help nail down whatever feeling got supposed to get. The whole getting an eerie feeling whenever a fallen angel is near thing isn't always working. That fake date crap Keqing pulled, not once you even got any kind of feeling. Kinda bullshit.

"It looks empty..." Asia quietly states the obvious.

"It is a hideout." You state the obvious too. "We shouldn't expect guards to be on the lookout. It breaks the whole secret hideout thing."

Asia glances over at you while pouting. You roll your eyes at that small guilt trip attempt and peak over the stack of cinderblocks you were all hiding behind. There were a total of four warehouses here, but most of them seemed to be in pretty shit condition. Plenty of large ass holes on the walls and all the glass on warehouses were shattered. This place has seen better days.

"I'm gonna get a closer look." Keqing informs you all.

"Want me to come with you?" Mittelt offers the assistance.

"No, you need to stay back. Between you and Y/N. You can defend yourself if things get dicey." Keqing tells her.

"Go fuck yourself." You deadpan.

"And your better suited for ranged combat. A perfect set up for you to defend Asia too." Keqing continues to explain, ignoring your insult too.

"If anything happens, just run back here so we can back you up." Mittelt sternly orders.

"I won't make the same mistake twice." Keqing only replies as she grips her sword.

"Nine times out of ten. People who say that shit somehow manage to fuck up even worse than the first time." You point out.