Dissension

"This has everything?"

"No, I just left the final cut and photos back home and burned them all in my backyard. Of course, that has everything!"

Katase snatches the USB drive from your hand after that sarcastic jab. Not exactly the best way to have this whole debt be paid off. Really you just didn't care right now to give the slightest shit to be nice. If it wasn't obvious to her, you were exhausted. Almost pulled an all-nighter the last two nights to get that stupid favor done. Any more time being behind schedule would just get Sona on your ass, or even worse, a bigger time crunch.

"Give me a break, I spent the last 18 hours on that shit to get it done. You're already fucking with me by calling in that favor." You complain. "You'll need the prez's permission to play the video on the school's TVs. And you guys are printing out the flyers. You'd be pushing it if you expected me to do it."

"Right. Is that it then?" Katase asks for clarification.

"Yeah, that should be everything." You confirm, already feeling a wave of exhaustion kicking in. "We're even now. Got it."

"I know. Thanks a lot for the help." Katase thanks.

"I wouldn't call it help. More like blackmailing." You deadpan.

Katase sticks her tongue out as she takes her leave. She gives off a small wave just before she leaves your classroom. And with her gone, you finally sunk your head onto the desk. Finally, that whole shit's done. And now back to working on the festival prep.

"18 hours." Keqing states from your right. "That explains why you've been ducking out on our training sessions."

"And whose fault is it that I had to do that bullshit in the first place?" You ask her in annoyance.

"Well, it's done now. No use in complaining about it." Mittelt buts in.

"The fuck? She's the whole reason why I got stuck with all that!" You retort.

Keqing just shrugs at that comment. Not even trying to feign ignorance. She knew what she did since, you know. She's the reason why it happened at all. No shame at all.

"So does that mean your gonna come over to train with us again?" Asia asks hopefully.

"Not happening." You quickly state with zero hesitation. "Thanks to our special teacher over here, I'm behind schedule and have to bust my ass once more to keep up."

"That isn't an excuse." Keqing cuts in.

"What are you- even saying- It be easier for me to call random people on the phone and talk to them about this. They would understand the reasoning better." You insult.

"I'm just saying. You're just going to be back in square one if you don't keep yourself in shape." Keqing says with a shrug. "It shouldn't have to be my job to babysit you."

Square one? You haven't even left square one. The fuck is she on about? Just thinking about the actual progress you've made over the time you became a devil, and it's been almost nothing. Sure, you learned some fighting techniques from Keqing and those videos Ruruko sent you, but magic? Still, no clue how that's supposed to work. Hell, you forgot in most instances that Argentia was even relevant. You only talked to her 3 or 4 times, and when you did, it wasn't anything helpful, just the same metaphorical bullshit that has so much room for interpretation. Fuck the vague musical bullshit. Why can't this shit have an instruction manual or tutorial?! Can't wait to fight some dickhead that has some magical BS and you can't do fuck all because you don't know how magic works. Fucking awesome...

"Anyways. Did Sona ever leak out about anyone from the church arriving?" Keqing asks you quietly, not trying to garner attention from other students.