Harsh Reality

"You look like a sight for sore eyes."

The very annoying and short Ruruko gets her little comment in before you throw back a standard insult, and then that spirals down into the standard every other day bickering. Just another day of doing some of that dumb rigorous torture/training Keqing puts you and Mittelt though over at Sona's place since it's got the space. Hell she's even got Asia now doing some drills.

"Those two always manage to keep each other active after that beat down..." Saji comments as he cracks his back. "Seriously. There isn't a minute when those two aren't at each other's throats."

"It's almost sweet and scary sometimes..." Momo jokes.

"Not in a hundred years!" Both you and Ruruko shout a Momo in unison and quickly jump back at the bickering.

"Uh-huh..." Both Momo and Saji comply.

"Oh. There they are." Tomoe skips over. "The president and Tsubaki found the grill. And Tsubasa and Reya just got back from the store!"

"How could you not hear him." Saji comments. "Though I'm surprised he's doing this. I didn't think Y/N would go through the effort of all this."

"It seems we learn more as each week passes." Momo adds in with a small smile.

"You're overthinking things." You say as you walk right past the duo. "I just don't want to pay for takeout for later."

You had asked Sona if she had a grill at her place, and obviously, she did. It be more of a surprise if she didn't when she lives in a mansion. When she asked why you told her you wanted to cook since it's been a while since you have grilled any kind of food. She had her doubts and there was the fact on why don't you just do it at your house, and simply, you didn't have one. As a way of bargaining to use her grill, you offered to grill food for everyone at her place. A simple deal. Her group or peerage provides the ingredients, you grill it. A simple win-win on which she agreed on. And speak of the devil....literally.

"I'm quite surprised by this sudden request. Though I do appreciate the offer too." Sona says as she watches you begin to work. "My sister said that you don't really cook and usually eat out."

"I do mostly eat out." You confirm as you light the grill. "But back in Texas, we had a grill there and I learned how to cook off of it whenever Tucker and Caboose came over."

"I see." Sona says with a small nod. "Still. I appreciate this. This seems like a nice way to keep everyone motivated."

"Yeah...motivated isn't the word I'd go with..." You hesitantly reply with.

"If I must ask. Did something happen recently? Both Asia and Mittelt seem to be putting in quite a bit of extra effort into training." Sona questions with some curiosity.

You could only let out a bit of an annoyed quiet groan. Yeah, you knew the answer to that alright. Because of what happened yesterday with that stupid fake date thing Keqing put you through, those two seem to be holding a grudge about it. Childish but still annoying seeing that you had to be here with them for the whole training thing.

"It's a really dumb story. Gives me a headache thinking about to..." You tell her.

"I won't pry you if that's the case. But whatever it is, you should settle it as soon as possible. You and Mittelt are in a peerage. Having bad blood between the both of you only makes things difficult for your master and yourselves." Sona warns.

"Oh please." You scoff at that statement. "That's also because you'd get dragged into it because your sister would probably beg for your help."

Sona couldn't help but just lightly cough from being caught like that immediately. About anyone who knows the relationship between the two Sitri sisters could see that a mile away if they were standing here right now. Seriously. Didn't Sona really not see you in the light of being able to critically think? That kinda ticked you off a bit.