The Norm

Normal. That isn't a word that someone can really define. What could be normal for someone can be the opposite of someone else by their standards or views. But really, when you live in a supernatural world, your perception of normal tends to be questioned on a daily basis. From just living out the days of a high school student to now trying to survive and watch your own back because some psychotic motherfucker was having a shit day, while also attending High school. But that's what happens when you judge a book by its cover right?...

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"How the fuck did you manage to score a D- in English?! We speak the fuckin language!"

Speaking of said people who have their ideals of normalcy question, inside classroom 2-C was the classroom that had quite a colorful group of individuals. Lavernius Tucker. Residential pervert of the perverted quads and foreign exchange student. Y/N Church. Photographer and filmer with an anger problem who's also a foreign exchange student.

"I mean how?! Mittelt and Keqing score higher than you! And they're terrible at all this!" You insult Tucker.

With that comment, you were immediately met with a smack to the back of the head by Mittelt. Her eye slightly twitched by your insult of course. And she wasn't alone. Keqing and Asia were present, but the latter wasn't really brought up because Asia is actually not half bad at all the school crap.

"You got a shitty way of complimenting a girl." Mittelt states at you with some aggression.

"It's just a D-. It's not that bad." Tucker waves off the poor test grade.

"Not to be rude...but in the last two quizzes....you didn't really do well on those either." Asia points out.

Tucker could only flinch from that. Even getting burned by the nicest girl in the class. That sure as hell knocked down a bit of his ego.

"I only got a B- because I already knew a bit of English before I came to Japan." Keqing pulls up her test grade. "I've learned at least 5 languages in total."

"No fuckin way." Tucker says with disbelief.

"I know Chinese, Japanese, English, Italian, and a small bit of old Norse." Keqing lists off. "Although I'm not fluent in Italian and Old Norse."

"You know five languages. But you don't even know how to solve for X on that eighth-grade level algebra quiz we took two days ago." You deadpan.

Oh yeah. It's been only four days since Keqing has come into Kuoh as a student. As gifted as Keqing was when it came to stuff like swordsmanship, fighting, spying, or the language speaking crap. She had the grade level Tucker did on the latest English test. She didn't even go to middle school so she missed it a lot on academics due to her literal hometown being fucked over by the supernatural. So she's been putting herself into overdrive to catch up on her free time. Still kinda ironic and funny to see her attempt at bragging with shitty scores that she holds.

"Well. About time I get a move on. I'll see you guys back after lunch." You say as you do a quick stretch before you stand up from your desk.

"I thought you finished taking pictures for the week?" Mittelt asks.

"I did. But Katase and Murayama really wanted to call in a favor I owed them so I have to meet the kendo club right now." You say reluctantly.

"Have fun! If you finish early, we'll be with Momo and Reya." Asia informs you.