Spiral

"It was fun Church! Come by any time!"

You give off a small pitiful wave towards a group of girls along with the two leaders of the club, Murayama and Katase. The kendo club. You were on fair equal and friendly terms with just about most clubs since you were just there to grab photos and all. It was Tuesday now, and ever since Saturday, you were just miserable. But that didn't really slow down your job. You've met up with the kendo club on Tuesday to get some photos and just now, you got photos from the board game club.

"Yeah. Sure." You tell Murayama and Katase.

But since you were done with what you needed to, you let out an exhausted sigh as you walked off. You reach into your school bag to grab your small notepad to draw a checkmark right next to the board game club. Up next was the Occult Research club. You could either stop by now to get a few photos or just do it tomorrow.

It didn't take long to find where the club was supposed to be. They had their own building for fucks sake. All the other clubs were mostly still in the actual school with the minor exceptions of the sports like clubs being outside or in the gym. And the building itself. It looked a bit ran down.

"Man this place is a dump." You complain to yourself.

You walked up to the front door to the supposed Occult Research Club. And just from standing at the front door, it just gave off a weird vibe. The kind of vibe where it just yells a bunch of crap was going to be happening. This just felt sketchy. You didn't even know what this club even does. It had researched in the name and cult. Not exactly the best winning combo of words.

"Yo, what do you want?"

You just turn around to see no one. Then you just slightly look down to see that same small girl on Friday. White hair and yellow eyes.

"You're the chick who punched Tucker." You obviously point out.

"What's it to you? Gonna try the same thing?" The girl with white hair somewhat threatens.

"Chill out, I'm not some freak like him." You defuse. "I'm here to take photos of the club here."

The girl just gives you a suspicious look. That was to be expected really. When you hang out with a moron like Tucker, it was bound that some people would think you're like him or his perverted three other idiots.

The girl finally seems to somewhat believe you, just walking past you, and opens the front door. Great. That just means she's a part of whatever the Occult Club was. God if all the people in this club were going to be weird and talk in a monotone voice like her, you were going to smash your head against a wall.

"Your name. It's Koneko, right?" You ask the girl, need to get some sort of conversation going, or else you were going to lose your mind.

The girl nods. Guess that was the girl that decked the shit out of Tucker. Kinda scary how she sent him flying at least several feet. If all the girls here in Japan are nut cases, maybe just keeping to yourself wasn't a bad plan.

Koneko eventually leads you to what seems like a living room, mostly lit by candles. Honestly. Taking pictures in a place like this with terrible lighting, kinda made you slightly gag. You didn't obviously bring any sort of lights with you to school, at this point, taking the pictures outside might just be better.

"Got a problem?" Koneko asks you with that same monotone voice.

"Yeah. Are there actual lights in this place that aren't candles?" You immediately ask.

"Don't like fire?" Koneko asks you.

"The fuck? No. If I'm gonna be taking photos of this club, I need better lighting than candles." You shoot back.