Bygones

"Can't help. I've already got a lot of shit to deal with right now. You guys are on your own."

You were packing up a few things into your locker. The stress alone right now was pretty high just from your dad making an unwanted appearance. And luckily, only Tucker and Caboose kept their mouths shut about it. And surprisingly, Ruruko too. You think at least. No one from Sona's group approached you about it, or anyone else like Mittelt, Keqing, and Asia. Thankfully, you knew the attention would draw in. But that wasn't what was being discussed right now. It was about Issei trying to ask about a problem that's been going on with his peerage.

"Can you at least keep an eye out then? Kiba hasn't even come into school yet. And you live on the north side of town." Issei points out.

"How do you even know where I live?" You had to question, but let out a sigh. "You know what nevermind. I'll keep an eye out then, would that get you guys to just leave me alone?"

"Uhh, well I can't guarantee that. We already asked the student council president about it but they're still busy with setting up the festival." Issei explains the situation.

"Hey, genius. Remember who's also working with the festival prep. I'm already behind schedule" You point out the fucking obvious. "Also, I've been meaning to ask. The hell has been going on with Tucker?"

"Why are you asking me?" Issei asks.

"What you haven't noticed?" You question him. "He's been acting weird ever since yesterday morning. Caboose too. I asked about it, Tucker brushed it off but Caboose just went on about some bullshit."

"Actually...now that you mention it, he's been spacing out whenever we talked during lunch break earlier today." Issei says with some realization. "So why don't you ask him what's wrong."

"Did you just forget the entire conversation we just said? I've been behind schedule and busy with the festival. I've been working every lunch break and staying after school every day. I haven't gotten the time to talk to him about it. You on the other hand. You don't do shit."

You finally shut your locker while slinging your camera bag around your neck. The school day was already over now. And you wanted to at least rush on home before you catch anyone else. It seemed like Mittelt, Asia, and Keqing accepted the idea that you were just busy with the festival prep. Seriously, Ruruko had to meet your father already, and that was anxiety-inducing.

"If Tucker or Caboose ask where I am, just tell them I went home to work." You tell Issei. "And seriously, tell Rias I'm going to be busy. She won't get my help on this."

You take your leave while waving off Issei. Can the rest of the time your dad was here just zoom by? You just kept complaining about the whole thing in your head as you asked towards the gate. Except, before you can exit school grounds, you catch the sight of Tucker. But he wasn't with Caboose nor with those other two perverted dickheads. It was Sona.... which's...odd.... You've only seen Tucker talk to her once, in an attempt to do his usually flirting, but was obviously shot down hard and fast. But this? This seemed like the two were having a pretty important talk. But you shrug it off. It wasn't your business. It probably has to do with Tucker's grades.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Do not let that girl around here." Tucker warns Souna.

"I do believe you need an explanation as to why. Those two don't attention school here already, they'll be thrown it for trespassing if that were the case." Souna informs Tucker of the obvious. "But a grudge isn't a reason why to have staff act as guards."