Why Silver?

"They sure are taking their time."

Sona taps her foot on the ground. Both Y/N and Serafall were supposed to be here by now. And by here, it's supposed to be the Sitri estate. Since Sona was a high-class devil that choose to live in the human world, her family paid for quite a large estate for her to live in. Embarrassing but considering she had her own peerage that occasionally trains there, it was kinda necessary.

"Have they called yet?" Sona asks as she turns to her queen.

"No. But I'm assuming Y/N could still be sleeping in. From what Lady Serafall said, he doesn't have the best sleeping habits." Tsubaki guesses.

"Great. So he's a jerk and does a terrible job at self-care. That's not surprising at all." Ruruko sarcastically comments.

"It's kinda funny how similar how Ruruko and Y/N are." Momo says to Reya.

"Yeah. I was just about to say that." Reya confirms to Momo with a slight nod.

"What?! I'm noting like that asshole!" Ruruko fumes as she glares back at Momo and Reya, then she looks over at the rest of the peerage. "Right?"

Tsubasa, Saji, and Tomoe all glance away immediately. Making Ruruko's jaw drop. She refused to be compared to you.

"Hey, President. Is there anything we should be careful with saying around Church? I remember you mentioning that there are some things that can easily anger him." Saji asks to quickly switch topics.

"Yes actually. Thank you for the reminder." Sona says with a nod and faces her peerage. "This is a serious matter. Whatever you do. Please try to steer away from talks of Y/N's family. From what Serafall learned, Y/N mainly grew up on his own and bears some resentment meant towards his family. So please keep this in mind."

After Sona explains all that, she immediately glances at Ruruko, since that was mainly a warning towards her to not have her try to start anything. The short brown haired girl just sinks slightly from her master's stare.

"Okay okay. Just as long he doesn't start anything first..." Ruruko begrudgingly accepts.

Sona nods. At least she got one of her more stubborn servers to at least get the idea of how fragile the topic is. Still. It didn't excuse either of you for how tardy you and Serafall were. And just because timing tends to be the enemy of any living thing, an icy blue glyph or a magic circle as what the supernatural call it appears in front of Sona and her peerage. In a short flash of ice blue light, both you and Serafall stood. Serafall kept her energetic attitude while you, on the other hand, look so mentally drained already.

"Sorry, we're late!" Serafall apologizes immediately.

"What happened to showing up on time?" Sona only asks her sister.

"To be honest. I. I just don't even know." You say as you just immediately take a seat on the ground.

That piqued Sona's curiosity. She just looks at her sister, and she could see the tiny bit of sweat just dripping down her forehead. That was just a clear indicator that whatever was the deal, it was something you both had to endure.

"So am I to assume that it was out of your control?" Sona asks the both of you.

"Absolu-" Serafall tries to answer.

"Bullshit! That was your fault, to begin with!" You quickly interrupt.

"Y/N. As your, king-" Serafall tried to feign innocence.

"Oh no. Devil or not. That shit doesn't work with me! You were the one who took their time waking up! And wanted to go to that stupid store to grab lunch because we were already late!" You argue.