Cloak

"How is he?"

Momo lets out a small quiet sigh, glancing back at the door behind her. Things haven't been exactly kosher ever since Xenovia's group found both yours and Irina's condition.

"Asia's still pushing herself and Reya just took over." Momo announces to the small crowd in front of her. "Church's arm wasn't severely broken but it's healing thanks to Asia and some of my magic...but his spine... I'm not sure..."

"And what about Irina?" Xenovia speaks up, wondering about the condition of her partner.

"Stable. She's suffering from a concussion but that's most of the damage. The rests are minor bruises and a small gash to the back of her head." Momo informs Xenovia. "But they need rest."

That small crowd consisted of everyone from your group, the Gremory, and Sitri peerages, but excluding Asia and Reya. When Xenovia, Mittelt, and Keqing found both you and Irina, the both of you were unconscious and seemed to be in serious condition. Which lead to calling in help from Sona's group. And now everyone's regrouped over in Sona's estate.

"Damn it..." Mittelt curses out. "How the hell did Kokabiel even find them?!"

"That... is actually something I'd like to talk about." Momo says hesitantly. "There was a spell that seemed to be lingering on Church. It was similar to the same trace of magic I happened to find lingering in his room too."

"What kind of magic?" Keqing immodestly questions.

"It's hard to explain. The magic seal that I found in Church seemed to be a complex hybrid of sealing and white magic. But there aren't doubts in my mind that it was spirit magic." Momo answers with some confidence.

"Is it possible that Y/N somehow cast magic on himself?" Koneko asks.

"Not likely. He never spent the time to understand the basics of magic, let alone even try to cast magic." Sona answers. "But the white magic. That's the part that doesn't seem to line up. Did you find what the purpose of the magic was?"

"I did. It took some time but I managed to get some grasp of what its purpose was. It seems to be used to monitor Church's behavior. And I'd guess that was how Kokabiel could have found them." Momo explains. "Anyone who's somewhat adept in magic would have at least picked up something. But for someone like Kokabiel. It must have been a beacon for him to easily find and follow."

That explanation hit Mittelt hard. Those strange vibes. The eerie feeling she was getting before everyone split up back in the forest all makes sense. She personally never used spirit or white magic but it sure as hell explains why she was feeling something irradiating off of you.

"Wait hold on. Why were you even at Y/N's house?" Issei actually raises up a good question. "Are you too-"

"It was under my orders." Sona interrupts Issei's theory. "I wanted to look into something that has recently started to concern me."

"And you didn't care to divulge it with us at least." Keqing questions Sona.

"I'm sure you've at least had some thoughts on the matter. But only recently I thought t would be the best time to investigate a question I had about mister Church for a while." Sona counters. "His father to be precise. You don't find it odd that there's almost no information on him?"

"Sounds like your jumping to conclusions. Y/N has told us that his father does work as a researcher for the government." Keqing reminds.

"A few days before Xenovia and Irina arrived, Church's father resurfaces after disappearing for almost two months, which isn't the timetable Church told us about his father's visits which was every two weeks." Sona begins to explain. "And the day after encountering Irina again, Church doesn't show up to school. Mister Tucker and I had the opportunity to talk to his father over the phone and learned of an apparent check-up he had. And he was very insistent on not bringing up about the day of his absence."